04 - TROUBLE

| TRIGGER WARNING |

| TRIGGER WARNING |

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

I gasp in anguish covering my ears with the pillow. The sound was troubling me, the silence was eating me up and I was scared that they might come back.

" SAGE."

I wince hiding under the covers as the door of my room bursts open. Dad walks in with anger written across his face, I sob trying to move away when he grips my hair in a tight grip pulling me out of bed.

" Daddy." I sob pushing him away when he plants a harsh slap on my cheek.

" Shut the f*ck up, you little garbage. Don't piss me more or else I'll bury you in the backyard right now." he growls dragging me out of the room by my hair.

" Daddy please leave." I scream, crying so loudly that my throat began to hurt.

I just wish he could see the little Sage in me, his little daughter who he gives piggy back rides and played with. I wish he could be the dad he was before so I could place my head on his lap and tell him about the monsters who scare me.
But he, himself is becoming a monster.

I scream as he finally throws me on the floor , in the main hall. Ethan walks in with a black eye and a bandage on his head, glaring at me.

" Look at what you've done." Father yells pointing at Ethan.

" He . . . he." I stutter when he slaps me again.

" Why did you do this Sage ?" He yells slapping me again.

" Uncle, let her go." Elliot yells trying to pull dad off me.

" Stay away." Dad growls pushing Elliot away.

" Dad please stop." Sabrina sobs.

" Stay out of this everyone. Anyone who interferes will face my wrath after I'm done with her." he growls pointing at everyone.

I sob when Dad takes off his belt wrapping one side around his palm.

" Daddy no." I sob curling into a ball on the cold tiled floor.

" How dare you hit Ethan ? Atleast he is better than you , who has only humiliated me in front of the whole town. You're just a garbage and you dare to hit him." he growls kicking my abdomen.

" He . . . he tried to . . . "

" He what ?" Dad yells making it more difficult for me to speak.