| 11 | Friday, June 12

|  1 1  | Friday, June 12

            Arizona hadn’t remembered about the party until Jeremy knocked on her door. She is in her Peanuts pajamas as she opens the door, and there her boyfriend stands, eyebrows raised as he scans her in amusement.

            The one Jeremy had invited her a few weeks ago was pushed back along with his parents’ trip, and he decided to throw it right after finals ended, on a warm Friday night.

            “I see that you’re ready,” he states with his killer grin and she blinks multiple times before the realization dawns on her, and she collapses against the wall, cursing.

            “Shit, I forgot about that! I’m so sorry, I’ll go get ready right now. Come in.”

            The last she sees of Jeremy as she sprints down the stairs to her room, is him ambling around in a tiny circle near the door. He looks adorably awkward and there’s something nagging at the back of her head, about how something isn’t right, but she pays no mind to it, because all she cares about right now is changing so fast that she gets a medal.

            Quickly, she throws on the first dress (of the three she has) in her closet, and braids her hair to the side, tying it off with an elastic and running back up to the kitchen. Arizona grabs her set of housekeys from the key dish and when she turns, she sees Lara leaning against the counter, apple in hand, mid-bite.

            “Tell Mom I’m going,” she tells the older girl, whose face is questioning. Arizona doesn’t have time for this shit. So, spinning on her heels, she starts to walk briskly out of the kitchen. She is almost out, when Lara speaks up from behind.

            “Who’s the cute guy out front?”

            Arizona stops, internally screaming. Fuck. She saw Jeremy, who she doesn’t know is Jeremy, because she thinks that Jacob is Jeremy. 

            “Uh, he’s Jeremy’s brother. I have to go to some party at their house, and he’s picking me up,” she blurts out, and just then, the boy in question’ head pops up from around the corner.

            “Arizona? Are you ready? You look great, by the way,” he grins, and then sees Lara. His eyebrows rise visibly, because it seems as if every straight boy is attracted to her, and then he steps out with his hand risen, ready for a handshake. “Hi—”

            “Yep, I’m ready, let’s go. Don’t wanna be late,” Arizona grins nervously, grabbing the raised hand and pulling Jeremy out of the kitchen, down the hall, and out the door. “Bye, Lara!” Arizona calls, not waiting for a response before shutting it behind her.

            “That your sister?” he asks, as they walk to the car.

            “Mhm. Lara.”

            “Oh. She’s nice.”

            “Nice as in hot?” she asks with a smirk and he flushes.

            “No—I mean—”

            “It’s okay,” Arizona laughs, too amused by his antics to be annoyed. “I’m used to it.”

            “Not that you’re not,” he continues, flustered and Arizona decides to stay quiet to see what he has to say. “I mean, you’re very pretty.” Ah, there it is. Lara is hot, Lara is sexy. Arizona’s cute, she’s pretty.