| 22 | Friday, December 18

|  2 2  | Friday, December 18

Arizona had sat in a different seat for the first time the entire year, in Psych. Always the loyal friend, Heather had plopped down next to her. Jacob had seemed a bit bothered as he watched her travel across the room to sit on the other side from him, but he'd just fallen asleep later one, as per usual. Arizona made sure to bite back any smiles that threatened to rise up onto her face.

            Today, Jason takes her out on the date he'd promised her when he'd called her two weeks ago. Arizona hadn't thought that he would; she'd thought that he'd just been one of those boys who saw a girl and asked for their number, just to have something to do, but never actually called despite any promises they made.

            Priya flings a yellow dress onto the bed, next to Arizona, without looking. She continues rumaging through the closet as Arizona picks up the aforementioned dress. It's cute, with three-quarter sleeves and a skirt that would just skim her knees. Her eyebrows rise.

            "He won't be able to tell where my hair stops and the dress starts," she comments, and Priya's laugh is muffled amongst the clothes. "Also, might I point out that it is late winter and freezing and snowing outside?"

            "Wear it with tights and a scarf and cardigan. And if you put your hair up, it won't be a problem. It doesn't even look like the same color as your dress," Priya rolls her eyes, and Arizona grins. Jason said that he'd pick her up in front of the dorms. She quickly dresses in what Priya had said, and slips into a pair of tall boots before grabbing her bag from the hook by her bed. With a quick hug, Arizona is out of the door and padding down the hall, opting to take the stairs over the elevator. She hasn't gone on a date in forever—in fact, the last one was with Jeremy nearly a year ago. She thinks that if she goes in the elevator, she will be forced to feel nervous about all this. And she will be forced to think about Jacob, whom she hasn't spoken to in a week, but she thinks that that may be more her fault than his. Whenever she saw him in the food court or the plaza, she'd made sure to go any other way. There had been only one instance where where there was no way out, and she had just smiled at him briefly before walking away.

            Arizona waits outside for two minutes before she sees Jason walking towards her. It's not snowing, but she knows that it has stopped only briefly. she blows into her cupped hands, rubbing them together. As he approaches her and comes to a halt before Arizona, Jason grins and flicks some hair out of his eyes. His hair is much blacker than Jacob's, whose looks brown in the sunlight. Fuck, she needs to stop attaching Jacob to every single thought she has.

            "Hey," he says, hands tucked into his tan coat's pockets. "You look nice."

            "Thanks, so do you," Arizona smiles, albeit a bit shyly.

            "So, there's this super cool sushi place downtown that I thought you might like. Rumor has it that it's very sustainable, too, so, you know. Save the environment and stuff." He shoots Arizona a cheesy grin, and she laughs, nodding.

            "That sounds great."

            They start off on the sidewalk, and multiple times Arizona nearly slips and falls, and multiple times Jason steadies her. Multiple times Arizona is aware of her heart, which isn't attempting to beat out of her heart, unlike the state it is in whenever she's with a different boy. Arizona wants to dump a handful of snow down her back, because maybe that will wake her up from this boy-filled gray zone of conflict. She may go insane, if she doesn't soon.

            "You alright?" asks Jason kindly, peering at her from the corner of his eye. Arizona shoots him a quick, easy smile.

            "Yeah. I just didn't...think that you would actually call."