18

Surprise!

18

San shuffled in their bedroom nervously. He was currently waiting for Wooyoung to get his jean jacket. The nervous male was dressed casually but smartly in a black turtleneck tucked into black jeans, an open front wool cardigan and a black beret. He didn't want to impress anyone but at the same time, he wanted to show his mother that he was doing great without her in his life.

"Ready to go?" San looked up to find Wooyoung standing in front of the mirror fixing his hair. San nodded mutely. He was too anxious to say anything, afraid that he might physically trip over his words if he tried speaking.

"Alright then, let's go. We said we would be there by 1 but she deserves to wait a bit," Wooyoung said as he glanced at the wall. It read 1:17 and he smirked. He would make sure the lady didn't have a pleasant time.

He walked over to his soulmate, who was sitting at the edge of the bed, fiddling with his fingers.

"Hey, if you're too nervous, we can always cancel," Wooyoung gently reminds San, squatting down in front of him. The dual-haired male shakes his head.

"N-No!" he finally murmurs and Wooyoung gives him a small smile. It hurt him to see his lover so down but all he could do now was stay by his side and support him. Afterall, this was San's battle to fight. He was merely there to catch him if he fell.

"Alright then. Let's be on our way," San stood up, straightening his clothes once more and glancing in the mirror before following Wooyoung out to their doorway. The purple-haired male was currently slipping on his black loafers while San chose his worn down but well-loved beige doc martens.

Wooyoung grabbed his wallet and they made sure they had their phones before he locked the door and took San's in his, guiding them into the elevator and out of their apartment complex.

"Do you wanna walk there or do you want me to drive us there?" Wooyoung asked as he rubbed San's knuckles. The older male thought for a moment before nodding to the car. He didn't know if he would have enough energy to walk home afterwards and he didn't want to nag Wooyoung for a piggyback ride.

"Alright then,"

And so, the two made their way to the cafe nearby their home, where San's biological mother was waiting for them. Once the two were outside the dreaded building, Wooyoung noticed San turning pale and practically shaking in his seat like a leaf.

He frowned in concern.

"Baby, are you sure you want to go? You look ready to faint!" Wooyoung asked and San shook his head, making Wooyoung mentally sigh. His soulmate really was too brave. He looked ready to flee yet he was determined to meet the monster he had called his mother.

"N-No. Just gimme a second," San said and Wooyoung only reached out to gently caress San's cheek. San sighed, closing his eyes and leaning into the soft touch. The two stayed in the position for a few minutes before San finally opened his eyes and let out a determined huff.

"Alright, I'm ready," he informed Wooyoung, who smiled proudly. His lover sounded a lot more relaxed than he did a few minutes ago and he mentally patted his back for being able to comfort him.

"Ok, let's go," the two got out of the vehicle, immediately grabbing each other's hands as they made their way inside. San took a few deep breaths to relax while Wooyoung looked around to find the woman they were looking for.

He caught sight of her near the back in a booth, staring blankly out the window. He could feel San's hand tremble in his down so he quickly distracted San before he caught sight of her.