Chapter 15

"Mom, can I sleep over at Em's tonight?" I asked, eating the rest of my plantains and greens.

She glanced up from her phone. "Alright. Clear the table and secure your ride. Then you can go." She got up from her seat and went to her room, meticulously typing on her phone.

"Bet." I texted Em to pick me up and washed the plates before putting them in the dishwasher to dry.

A few minutes later I had packed my bag and Emily was at my door grinning with Taliah next to her.

"You ready?" She asked me.

I nodded and picked up my bag. I was honestly tired, but I was ready to spend the night with my girls.

Once we got to the Wells' house we went up to Emily's room and she already had the snacks set up.

Homegirl had a nice ass platter with cheese, grapes, and crackers and there was a comfy looking blanket and a bottle of what I thought was sparkling wine. It clicked in my head that there were only two glasses.

As I was about to ask about it, there was a knock on her door.

There he was in all his beauty. He wore sweatpants and a t-shirt and his hair was tousled as if he'd run his fingers through it a thousand times.

"Ri wanna hang out with me tonight instead?" He asked hopefully.

The sound of his voice always put a smile on my face. "Yeah, if Em and T don't..." I must have been staring at him for a while because they were already sitting together on the blanket and picking out a movie. "..mind"

"Guess you're mine then." He said chuckling and throwing his arm over my shoulder.

I held his hand and laughed. "I guess I am."

********

We'd watched a movie and Liam had gotten me some pizza because our fatasses had wanted more food. I was eating the last slice when I caught him staring at me.

The look in his eyes that used to terrify me now filled me with warmth and in that moment I was so happy to be in his presence.

"What?" I said, covering my mouth as I felt the smile growing on my lips.

He smiled at me. "You're really pretty when you eat."

Now there was a full grin on my face. "Only when I eat?" I said, swallowing the bite in my mouth.

"You're beautiful all the time." Satisfied with his answer I took a sip of my water. "How are you feeling?"

"Good. How about you?" I took another sip.

"Good. Will you be my girlfriend?" I choked.

I can't say I wasn't expecting him to ask me soon, but I didn't expect him to ask me in that moment and like that.

"I figured I might as well ask right now since you won't be able to run if you're full." He joked.

He took my hand in his. "I know I might have said certain words too soon, and you might still not be ready to hear them, but I didn't lie about my feelings. I don't want to rush yours either, but will you be mine, Rose?"

I didn't have to think about it. In front of me was one of the most incredible people I'll ever meet and he loved me and wanted me to be his.

"Under one condition." I smoothed out his eyebrow with my thumb as it furrowed and held his hand. "You be as much mine as I'll be yours."

The smile on his face was evidence that I was making the right decision with him.

"I was yours long before you asked, Ria." He kissed my palm. And then my wrist. And then my lips.

I gave him another peck and smiled against his lips. "I guess I'm your girlfriend then."

"About damn time." He grumbled with his forehead against mine.

"Boy bye." I said as I playfully shoved him away from me.

He laughed and pulled me into his chest. "Nah, I think I'm gonna stay."

I cuddled up to him as he wrapped his arms snuggly around me and I spent the night sleeping comfortably in my boyfriend's arms.

                                  The End

You wish that was you huh💀

Anyways so yeah that's the end of that let me know what y'all that and give me y'all's critique please.

Really sorry for the wait and (maybe) lowkey abrupt end. I can't tell because I myself haven't read the previous chapters all together so idk if the story is a little choppy.

But y'all aren't allowed to be mad at me because today is my birthday (april 6) and I had to wake up early in the morning to go to school for a test that ended up being canceled after making the students wait in the hall for two whole hours. And also my mom said I can't go to New Mexico even though it was supposed to be like my bday vacation and my sister and I had planned that trip for weeks. So now my sister is going alone and I'm just finna be at home. And also I'm lowkey miserable so yeah💀

Not the rant😭😭

ANYWAYS yeah idk if this writing thing is for me fr like this is probably my first and last book.

My drafts looking at me like: 🧍🏾‍♀️

Damn I talk too much but lastly I want to thank everyone who checked in on me during my last update I love y'all fr🥺