Chapter 1: Duels

The kingdom was quiet, not a sound to be heard. The night was still young as the moon shined upon the dreadful land.

But the ruler of this kingdom, Scourge the hedgehog, was getting in an angered tone as his wife Fiona was not obeying orders.

Scourge: you don't just get to sit around and do nothing all day Fiona.

Fiona was laying back on her throne chair with her feet on the armrest while she played with her sharp metal nails she made.

Fiona: oh please Scourgey. You don't do anything either.

Scourge: I run this entire damn kingdom, your just my wife.

Fiona came up to Scourge with her metal nails, putting them to his neck.

Fiona: I'll give you three seconds to take that back.

Scourge: are you challenging me to a duel honey?

Fiona took a step back and put her metal nails away. She then returned to her chair and scourge rolled his eyes.

Scourge: typical.

He walks away a a little angrier than a moment ago and proceeded to enter the kitchen.

Fiona: I wish I had something better to do in my life.

Maid: but my Queen, don't you love this life? You're a ruler of a kingdom.

Fiona: unfortunately I'm starting to hate this, I hope you understand.

Maid: I do, and when the tournament for the new King begins you might be able to leave.

Fiona snorted a little to the Maids comment. She took a drink of her water and placed it down.

Fiona: what are the chances of Scourge being defeated?

Maid: well there's the Rhino who'll face him, A big walrus I think, a few others off the streets, and that one black and red fox named...

Fiona: Christien!

Maid: do you know him?

Fiona: yes, he was a freedom fighter. But then he went a little crazy. He's coming here now.

Maid: if he defeats Scourge...

Scourge: which won't happen.

Scourge walks back into the room and excuses the maid. He then walks up to Fiona and grabs her by her hair.

Scourge: do you really think that you could come here, become a queen, talk like that and get away from it?! Not this time.

Scourge drags Fiona across the cement floors, through the hallways where other guests would be if they didn't flee.

Scourge: and stay in your room.

He slams the door as he throws Fiona in her cold room and locks it in the process.

Scourge: ill let you out at breakfast tomorrow. A feast for the fighters.

Scourge leaves while Fiona started to cry on the floor, pounding her fists on it in the process.

Fiona: why did I choose this life? Why did I leave the freedom fighters for this?

Fiona came to her senses and climes into bed, pulling the covers over her head while blowing out the only candle in the room.

Fiona: please don't let him win.