this just keep getting better

I watched as the woman set across from me. We have been staring at each other longer then five minutes and I'm about ready to break. 'I'm sorry to ask but who are you?' the woman picked up the cup on the table taking a long sip, I could see her corner  of her lips turn into a smile as she put it down. Like I was saying I'm dawn I live right across the street. A few weeks ago I saw you come here. I was debating if I should come and interduce myself. But I never got around to it into today.'

I watched the woman as she rocked back in forth in the chair like something was wrong with her, she was total off. Then her eyes shot to me. Like something in a horror film.

I grab on the Jered hoping he will him protect me.  I don't know this woman. He pats my hand several  time to insurance me everything was okay.

Then she spoke once more.
'I will be leaving town tomorrow, please watch over my home. Make sure no one doesn't break in.'
I don't know if she was talking to me or Jered, her eyes were still on me, she didn't even blink once. 

the woman got up from her spot heading towards the door.

Jered turns to me, 'ill go see her out,' he says before leaving.
I really felt  uneasy,  I been sitting here longer then two minutes, when I hear the front door close.

He comes back staring at the floor, his eyes didn't meet mine. 'Jered what's wrong?' the way he was acting was scaring me.
His eyes slowly meet mine.

'i can't send you back.'
Was this some kind of joke. I laugh to myself,' Jered stop playing, it was you who wanted to send me back, now I done made up my mind your telling me I can't go back.!'

I was practically yelling.
'you can't do this to me'  it's  such so many unanswered questions.  my father is still missing from the last that I heard, and now Eliezer.

'You can't do this to me Jered.  you can't give me keys to a brand new car, and rip then out my hand.' he just gave me a blanked stare. at this point I really wanted to slap the sh** out of him.

 taking  a deep breath, because me being angry wasn't going to get neither of us anywhere.

'Jered take me back.' i ask again nicely 

'if I could. I would' was his response

'Jered take me back.' I say once more. 

He sighed

'Samira it's not that simple.'
He say, that's when I gave him my full attention. It felt like we been arguing about the same thing over twenty minutes.

'simple...it's very simply. Give me the keys to the car and I will drive myself!'

'Da**mit Samira you don't even know where you are...' 

he yells. 

'I thought I raised you better then to let a girl, run-over you.'

My head snap to a woman in her  mid forty, short shoulder length black hair. She stood straight   head held high form look on her face.

 From side view I could see Jered swearing ,as he walked up to the woman. kissing her cheek, he then turns to me. 'Samira this is my mother Amanda, Mom this is Samira.' the way my name fell off his lips sent a chill up my spin.

March/7/2021

Published  on \May 9 \2021