dont remember,

Act of Jealousy.

His head ached and there was a metallic taste lingering on his tongue. He could feel the nights cool wind against his face and when he opened his eyes, he found a familiar face staring down at him, a grin plastered on his lips that were coated with blood.

"Have I ever told you, you taste delicious?"

He groaned at the accent of his former friend, at least he thought was his friend. His memory was a bit foggy as he reached up and touched his neck where an evident bite mark was. He closed his eyes and tried to remember what happened. There was nothing and he figured maybe he knew.

"What did you do, Kol?" He reopened his eyes and looked at his smiling ex-friend.

"Nothing too major. You were in shock or something.. so I erased what happened." Kol stood up and glanced around as if everything was interesting to him.

"Shock?.. What does that mean and what happened?" He sat up, his vision was a bit blurry still but he could see a few lights flickering on several bodies lit with fire ten feet away from him, blood was splattered against the asphalt pavement. A few cars were totaled and some windows in the apartment buildings were smashed, the glass glinted in the dark grass.

He looked back up at Kol who looked down at him again. Kol licked his lips and leaned down, "You should get up, Jeremy, cops should be here soon and I don't feel like killing anyone anymore. Bored with it.." He grabbed Jeremy's arm and pulled him to his feet.

A wave of nausea swept through his body, he inhaled air and tried to steady himself. Kol grabbed his shoulders, pulling him into his body to keep him upright. "There, there. Everything is alright, no need for vomit." Kol still held his pesky amused tone, Jeremy didn't even want to look up to see the grin that would still be on his face.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" Jeremy asked, moving away from Kol, they both walked down the street towards an alley to hide from any suspecting eyes.

"Nope," Kol said, tucking his hands in his pockets.

Jeremy reached for the wound on his head, it was still painful but when he felt along his skin, the wound was healed. He glanced at Kol who wasn't looking at him.

"Why did you bite me?"

Kol shrugged, "You got hurt real bad so I healed you."

"By.. biting me? I can taste your blood in my mouth.." Jeremy sighed, feeling tense, "Kol. Why did you bite me and why can't I remember anything? What did y-" Before he could say anything, he was suddenly in the dark alley, his body trembled at Kol's enhanced speed, and was shoved against the dark wall.

Kol groaned, he took a few steps away from Jeremy before turning back to him. "Why must you mortals ask so many damn questions? Why does it matter to you? You're alive and everything is okay. You don't need to remember what happened, so forget it." Kol turned his gaze away at the last second, he was careful not to compel Jeremy again. Saying the wrong words might do disastrous things.

Jeremy grit his teeth, he and everyone knew Kol was an impulsive, aggressive vain vampire. But the way he's acting now, on edge about something. Nervous even. It was rather curious to see him like this and that curiosity only grew inside Jeremy' mind, he wanted to know what happened. Why did Kol bite him, heal him and do all that damage. Why did he kill those people? Who were those people? Humans or vampires?