f o u r t e e n

R I S S A

Today I have to go to a store with Charlotte, to get a dress for the party. I don't know why this is necessary though, I could just wear my normal clothes maybe switch it up a little by going with a jumpsuit and a jacket over it but she insists I wear a dress.

These days, she's been all over me, getting me to like her and shit. That's strange, I don't know but I wouldn't want to get this close to my husband's child if I were her but anyways.

She still seems too nice for my liking, I feel like there's something up with her. I just have to play along, it doesn't change the fact that I don't like people that are too nice.

We arrived at the store and we tried out a few dresses but I couldn't find any I like, they were too tight or the color was just not right.

The stylist at the store decided to show me some styles in her collection, I eventually chose one out of it and she proceeded to take my measurements.

"We'll have it delivered by tomorrow afternoon, if that's fine?" The stylist said.

Well, that's fast. Making a dress in just one day, I hope they get it right though and I hope they don't because I'll have an excuse not to attend the party

"That's totally fine with us, it's a last minute shopping thing, she'll be using it tomorrow evening. Please I'm counting on you."

"Sure, you know I always deliver Charlotte." The stylist assured.

"Thank you, let's go Rissa." She said to me.

"Yunno, I'm going to do your makeup. My artist wouldn't be around for the weekend and your hair." Charlotte told me as we stepped out of the store.

"I don't think that would be necessary though, I don't like make up and all that." I replied.

"Why?"

"Well, I'm fine with my natural hair and I like staying natural and I'm on locs so I don't think I'll be doing much with my hair." I explained.

"Oh, yeah I've forgotten how you black cuties can be when it comes to your hair and all."

"Yeah we ain't like some of y'all whites"

I wanted to say but I pushed that aside and replied with a simple 'yeah'.

"But I won't do much on your face, I'll keep the make up light as possible." She insisted.

This woman doesn't know when to stop.

"Umm, ok." I agreed.

"Perfect, we'll just head over to the mall. I need to buy make up supply, products that suit your shade." She sounded so giddy, like a child who was offered her favorite candy bar.

"Sure."

We took a ride to a mall and got what she wanted, we took a quick stop at a fast food joint and grabbed some snacks, I didn't eat much in the morning and it's already past two in the afternoon and my tummy's rumbling.

After we were done eating, we went back home and I went to the kitchen immediately because I was still hungry.

I eat a lot but I still don't get all fat, that's a big flex for me. I tied my hair up, wore an apron and got to work.

"Oh my God, she's going to burn down the whole house." I heard Jace say.

He here to tease me as usual and it's still confusing to me, how he goes from playful to serious to angry and all.

I guess, it's because he's bipolar, can't blame him.

"Shut the fuck up Jace." I said while slicing the veggies on the chopping block.

"What are you cooking." Jace asked.

I could hear his footsteps coming closer.

"Spaghetti and chicken." I turned around and gave him a response but I was surprised at who I saw.

It was Jamal, he was sitting on the at the edge of the kitchen counter. He gave me a small smile, he had a really nice smile and nice dentition too.

He had a contagious smile and I couldn't help but smile back. He's always quiet and always in his own world.

"Can I try some when you're done?"

"No." I replied.

"Come on Rissa, stop being selfish." Jace grumbled.

"Get the fuck out of here, you're distracting me." I pushed him aside with side of my bum.

"Tch, I wouldn't even want to eat your food, might have poison. You might try to kill me just like Lala tried to the other."

I shook my head at his statement and continued what I was doing. He joined Jamal and they talked for a while till Jace went back upstairs.

I put off the stove and dished my food in a plate and sat on the chair tucked in under the kitchen island.

I took a bite out of my food and it was amazing, no sugar coating but I'm an amazing cook.

"Can I have some." I heard Jamal say.

I shot my head up and gave him a small nod, he got up and sat down on the chair close to me.

"I'll get you another plate." I tried to get up but he stopped me.

"We'll share this." He grabbed my hand.

I sat back on the chair and watched him take a bite. I looked at him, waiting for a response.

"This is nice." He looked over to me and smiled.

"Thank you."

He continued eating, this boy just hijacked my food but anyways, I don't care.

"So.." Jamal said.

"So what?" I crinkled my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why are you always shocked and jumpy whenever I'm around."

God, he noticed.

"Umm, I'm not always jumpy." I looked away.

"Well you're, do I scare you or something?"

"Maybe, you look intimidating kinda." I managed to say.

"I am but...hmm, never mind. I just want you to stop acting like that when I'm around, it makes me uncomfortable. I won't bite you or hit you on the head."

"Just like the way you hit that guy at the club?"

"Jeez no." He chuckled. "Wait, is that what this is all about?" He asked.

"What?"

"Me beating that guy at the club, is that why you're like this."

"Hmm, maybe." I stood up.

"Ohh, I see now. I'm not always like that, sometimes maybe." He shrugged and continued eating.

Sometimes?

Jace entered the kitchen as I was about to reply Jamal.

"Eating from the Devil's plate, I see." Jace said.

"Shut the fuck up." Jamal replied.

"Hmm, I'm not the dying in a few seconds."

"Just say you want some of my food." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh please,"

"Whatever." I said before walking out of the kitchen.

I went up to my room to get some rest, I laid on the bed exhausted and shut my eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Please don't forget to click on that cute little star at the bottom, comment and share too, thank you ☺️

Peculiar 🌹