𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚊

There are certain things the mind cannot comprehend. People fall into the same routines of thinking day after day; toss an apple and it falls to the ground. Pick a flower and it withers. Fall asleep in your bed and wake there the next morning.

But this. This was like dropping an apple and having it fall toward the sun.
Cora Mason dug her hand into her temples as she awoke. Her head was foggy and dazed. The ceiling no longer had the space themed stars and moon. The walls; plain of her paintings and posters. Her bedroom windows, now filled with a red dusty material. There was no door to her room, just an endless desert with dunes.

Wherever she was, it definitely wasn't Virginia.

She rubbed her temples as a sharp throbbing pain went through her head. She must've been out for hours---or maybe days--- there was no clock to tell the time. Nor an alarm clock to wake her.

Her clothes; she was wearing this long silky white dress. With spaghetti straps and a few ribbons. Her hair looked as if it had been brushed.

She felt the soft sand against her feet; walking out of what she thought was her room. This wasn't her room at all. It was a small cottage house type thing. It was old looking, with a riggidy roof.

She awoke in a city, she didn't quite recognize. There was a diner, other houses, a huge wall? What was a huge wall doing in the middle of a desert? Black windows? Cora leaned against the wall along with her head throbbing. She rubbed against her temples and fell to the ground.

She sat up quickly when she head waves hitting the shore. She rushed to the ocean, waves hitting the shore. Cora didn't see a rock laying still in the sand; and tripped over it. "Ow!" She yelled. Thinking no one would hear her.

"I saw that from a while away, that was a bad fall." She jumped when she heard a boys voice from above her. He had black hair and a scar over his right eye. Cora freaked out and quickly ran---or tried too--- into one of the houses.

She ended out on the floor in the sand. She pressed her temples against her throbbing head. Her vision was blurry; but she could still see his body coming closer.

"Hey, you okay?" He put his hand on her shoulder softly. "Here"

He held his hand out in front of her. She was hesitant at first but reached to grab it. Cora looked around at the sight. "Where am I? Where did you take me?" She raised her voice and crossed her arms. "Funny, you think I took you." He continued. "If I took you, would I be wearing this?"

He's right. He was wearing a similar outfit. Long pants and one of those shirts that look like bandages. His hair glimmered in the sun when her's flew in the wind.

"Follow me, I found something along the shore." Cora looked at him like he was crazy. How was she supposed to trust him when she doesn't even know who he is?

"Follow you?! I don't even know you!" He looked at Cora desperately. "The names Lucky. And Cora, it's a girl against the shore! Just come on!"

"How do you know my name?!" She yelled following him. "Don't worry about that. Look!"

A girl; a girl's washed against the shore!

Cora felt the throbbing in her head again, but she quickly rushed to the girls side. She had long brown hair, she couldn't see her eyes since they were closed.

She tried to shake her awake, but nothing happened. Then she felt her pulse. Nothing. Cora sat at her side, feeling tears rise in her pupils.

"Hey, you okay?" She jumped up and hugged him, crying. "Oh my god, she's dead! Lucky, she's dead!" Cora said, sobbing.

"Cora, are you sure she's dead? She could be asleep." He walked closer to the girl and checked her pulse.