t w e n t y o n e

"Mom," she called out to the woman who's sitting in front of her

"Mom," she called out to the woman who's sitting in front of her. Taehee hummed in reply- eyes still fixed on the tv screen. "Have you ever gotten nightmares- i mean nightmares- as in our past," she continued and the mother figure snapped her head to look at her by the sudden question.

"What do you mean?" Taehee inquired and Saeron stayed quiet- regretting the decision to ask in the first place. "Nothing, I was just curious," she fake smiled trying to play it cool. Her mom sent a weird look before adverting her attention back to the show.

Saeron exhaled in relief, "I'll be in my room if you need me, I'm gonna do some school work." Taehee gave her a small nod before walking back to her room.

On the other hand, the boy that lived opposingly from hers were itching to know how she is. This is not normal for him- that's for sure. But considering the fact that they've been partners for months, doesn't hurt to ask how she is right?

What his heart yearned contemplated with his mind- becoming frustrated as they both didn't synchronize. However, his thoughts were pulled back to what his mother said.

An hour ago

Jisung knocked on her door once again to receive replied by a 'come in' from the other side. He entered her room- flashing a smile which he quickly accepted back. He was nervous, very nervous. He told her mom basically everything going on in his life- but never did he even think about confessing about a girl.

Jisung had never really fallen for anyone, his hard-hearted self just doesn't feel like it was necessary for his being. He thinks that love isn't something meant for him. At least that's what his past betrays. So, admitting such a thing would definitely freak her out.

Mira's smile didn't fade as her son sat on the edge of her bed nervously. She cocked her head to the side and stared with soft eyes. Weird to see him like this she thought. Just by the difference of behavior, Mira could easily tell that something's wrong.

"You okay, baby?" Mira brought her hands to clasp with his and rubbed the top of it with her thumb soothingly. Jisung hesitated, his heart still fighting his own mind whether to ask her or not. He decided to tell her before it goes any further.

"Um, yeah- so I'm just curious about- you know-" Jisung stuttered, which confused Mira even more to see him in a state. Her smile still lingered but eyebrows perked and continued to listen. The boy halted his words- realizing how he got flustered.

Clearing his throat, Jisung continued. "I'm concerned," he said in a flash then pursed his lips right after. "What?" Mira asked with a baffled expression.

Jisung closed his eyes in frusturation. Why is it so hard for him to tell her something, it's never happened before. He sighed then opened his mouth to speak, "A friend of mine's going through something and you know- I kinda wanna help her?"

Mira sat there bewildered with her eyes wide. "I'm sorry, what did you say?" she teased. "Mommm," Jisung groaned. Mira giggled at his actions. She noticed how unusual it is for him to admit such things- especially him being concerned about a friend.