Chapter Two:The train ride to Hogwarts

Chapter Warnings: Mentions of self inflicted cuts/scars

It was finally the day Harry was going back to Hogwarts today. He put on dark blue jeans and a red shirt with a plain black hoodie he also put on black gloves that were long enough to cover his cuts but exposed his fingers. He then began to pack his trunk with his school books and robes and two spare razors. He then closed his trunk and grabbed it along with Hedwig's cage with Hedwig inside and began walking.

The Knight Bus came and took Harry to the train station. He started to walk to platform nine and three quarters as he went through the magic barrier he found Ron and Hermione who were very happy to see their best friend Harry. The Golden Trio began to board the Hogwarts Express and found an empty compartment. They all sat down and started to get comfortable considering it is a very long train ride to Hogwarts. Ron closed the compartment door and sat back down in his seat.

"How was your summer Harry?" asked Hermione sweetly as she made eye contact with Harry which made him a little uncomfortable.

"Oh you know, same old, same old." said Harry trying to sound as convincing as possible but Hermione wasn't exactly convinced.

"We were at the Burrow all summer." said Ron feeling awkward as he stared at Hermione and Harry.

"Mum and dad took me to an amusement park." said Hermione as she now realized how Harry was dressed.

"Isn't it a bit warm to be dressed like that Harry?" asked Hermione now making Harry panic.

"I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately...." said Harry trying to convince Hermione but now Ron was catching on.

"Are you sure you're okay Harry?" asked Ron really concerned as Harry gave a reassuring smile.

"I'm fine really but I think I'm gonna take a nap until we get there." said Harry as Ron and Hermione then gave Harry a nod. Harry was then out in under five minutes.

Ron and Hermione then gave each other a look. They always knew Harry was hiding something from them they just didn't know exactly what.
Ron then got the idea to check Harry's arm.

"We should check his arm." said Ron while Hermione was looking at him in shock.

"You don't think Harry would cut himself....do you?" asked Hermione worried.

"I don't know 'Mione it's possible." said Ron as they made one final eye contact then looked at Harry's arm.

"All we can do is check to make sure." said Ron as he walked towards Harry with Hermione right behind him.

Then Ron rolled up Harry's sleeve to see the glove on his right wrist which made Ron nervous and they pulled down the sleeve to see nothing which relieved both Ron and Hermione.

Then they moved to the left arm as they rolled up the left sleeve to see the same glove it still made Ron quite nervous as he pulled the glove down they could visibly see about ten cuts on Harry's left wrist some deeper than others, now Hermione was crying and Ron was just in utter shock.

Ron hugged Hermione to calm her down. When she was calm they put Harry's gloves back on and rolled his sleeves back down as if nothing changed and just sat back in their seats.

"We need to tell someone Ron!!" yelled Hermione quietly to not wake Harry.

"Who 'Mione? No one is gonna believe that Harry Potter is cutting himself." said Ron then Hermione began to think. They couldn't tell Professor Dumbledore or Professor McGonagall and all the other teachers seemed pointless then it hit her.

"What if we tell Professor Snape?" asked Hermione as Ron's eyes went wide.

"Are you kidding?!? He hates us, especially Harry and he'll never believe it anyway." said Ron as he stared at Hermione still in shock at the idea.

"Come on Ron, lets at least try." begged Hermione and Ron finally agreed and now Hermione was yawning as she began to rub her eyes.

"You can use me as a pillow." said Ron shyly as Hermione smiled and rested her head on Ron's shoulder she then fell asleep and so did Ron a few minutes after.

Word count:720