Chapter 2: Middle School

I don't really like school, I feel like I don't belong. I think that's why I wanted to go to the school for the gifted because then I think I would have at least felt like I belonged; I would have been around people I felt like were more like me. Now I'm in a school called Technology and arts, and that school mainly focuses on technology. I kind of just exist in that school, but I don't really fit in. I don't feel like I'm pretty like the other girls, guys don't really pay attention to me, I just hate it

Since I felt so isolated from the other kids in school all I really had to hold onto was the love of my life Beau Mars. Listening to his music day in and day out made me feel better. When I felt like I had no one, I knew I had him, and his music got me through.

I always had this built up anger from school, constantly getting called ugly it hurt and I started to believe it, but that hurt quickly turned into anger. I was sitting in spanish class and I felt my head yank back. "Damn your hair is nappy!" said a girl named Summer. I jumped out of my chair and pushed her down to the ground. She fell back over some chairs and I stood over her punching her in the face and letting out all of my anger. The next thing I knew security guards were pulling me off of her. This wasn't the first fight I got into and it probably won't be my last.

I hated school, I hated the fact that I didn't fit in, I hated not having friends, I just needed to escape it all.

I get off of my bed and grab a composition notebook and a pen from off of my shelf and I begin writing. I haven't written anything in about two years. It felt good to just let my imagination run. I stayed up all night long writing a short story about me and Beau Mars getting married.

After a few weeks gone by, one short story turned into two, two turned into three, and before I knew it I had a whole composition notebook filled with short stories about me and Beau Mars. I found my peace with writing.