Chapter 4: Still an outcast

How did I end up here? Crying on the bathroom floor in school. I get off the floor, dust myself off and I walk to the social workers office. I knock on the door a couple of times and then the door opens.

"I need help!" I cry.

"Take a seat." She says softly.

I sit down and the tears just cascade down my face.

"What's wrong dear?"

"I just want to fit in! I'm tired of being the ugly girl! I'm tired of people making a joke out of me!" I just want the pain to go away!" I cry.

Ms.Helen hands me a tissue, I wipe my eyes and blow my nose. "Thank you." I mumble.

"Do you feel like hurting yourself?" Ms. Helen asks firmly.

"No, I just want the pain to go away. I want to be happy."

"We can work on that." Says Ms.Helen.

"Okay." I say with a weak smile.

"How about I set you an appointment for tomorrow morning during the first period?"

I nod my head in agreement.

"Okay, I will see you then." She says.

I spend the rest of my day in a rather dreary mood. When I get home I do my homework and then call Logan and ask him to come over. After a few minutes there's a knock on my bedroom door. I open the door and I immediately wrap my arms around Logan and I start to cry.

"What's wrong?" He asks with concern.

"I literally had a total breakdown today."

"What, why?"

"You remember how excited I was to go to prom with Eddie?"

"Yea."

Well today he literally broke up with me in front of the whole class, and to make matters worse I heard he is taking another girl to prom. I cried in the bathroom for half a period, why am I never good enough?" I sob.

Logan holds me tight and caresses my back. "Sierra, you are amazing and more than enough."

"Thank you." I say softly.

"You don't have to thank me for telling you the truth." Logan says sweetly.

"I feel so used, he was so heartbroken and hung up on his ex, I helped him, I was there for him! I never meant anything to him. He used me!" I bellow.

"Don't cry Sierra, you're too beautiful to be crying."

"Thank you. That means a lot to me."

"Be with me Sierra and I promise you will never shed another tear. We've known each other for nearly three years now, and I've just sat on the side lines being your best friend, but I love you and I want to be with you."

"I love you too Logan." I say bashfully.

Logan grins and gives me a big hug. "I should get home and make sure my mom is okay, but I'll talk to you later." Logan says.

"I'll talk to you later." I say lovingly.

That night as I lay in bed, I feel good. I have Logan and with him by my side as my boyfriend I know that I can conquer absolutely anything, slowly I drift off to sleep while thinking about Logan. When I awake in the morning, I feel good. I get myself ready for school and I eat a quick breakfast. When I get to school I put my stuff in my locker and when the bell rings for first period I head to Ms.Helen's office.