chapter eighteen.

1975, present.

song for this chapter: the don waltz - caralisa monteiro

surprisingly, working with seijoh on this stunt that she would have to pull was not as bad as what y/n actually thought.

she met iwa, who know she knows as hajime iwaizumi after her encounter with don at the plaza. the night was crisp, air clean and a breeze not cold enough to leave bumps onto her arms but a cold where it would make her hair flow in the wind in an elegant manner.

couples were enjoying the evening, dancing together with smiles. y/n, dressed in a white gown that went down to the floor, lace adorned on the skirt and torso was grinning while she was talking with matsukawa and iwaizumi. sure enough, at that moment the don had arrived, him being dressed in a classic black and white tuxedo with shoes neatly shined and hair slicked back. tooru smirked at the sight of the girl, making his way over while trying not to get swarmed by the other regal young ladies that were there.

sure enough, at that moment the don had arrived, him being dressed in a classic black and white tuxedo with shoes neatly shined and hair slicked back. tooru smirked at the sight of the girl, making his way over while trying not to get swarmed by the other regal young ladies that were there.

"dance with me?" he asked her. she hesitantly nodded. and that was all it took for the young man to drag her amidst the dance floor. 

-

the fluid movements of the 2 were mesmerizing to everyone around them. it was almost as if it was just them, nobody else. the gazes of their piercing eyes bored into each other, and the gracefulness made it unclear if they had even missed a beat. 

tooru oikawa was indeed different than the man who god knows where he is, rintarou suna. rintarou is someone who you can't tell his ideas, tooru is someone who isn't afraid to let people know. 

both men are decently attractive, to say the least. y/n was not surprised when she saw the swarms of women who would kill to sleep with both of them. although they weren't labeled, she did feel uncomfortable to say that tooru was indeed attractive. well, he was and everyone with half of a brain knew that. thing is, indeed y/n's loyalty is inarizaki but her relationship isn't technically rintarou's. they hadn't made things official.

meaning if you were speaking on logical terms, that means that the 2 of them wouldn't necessarily be considered dating, nor boyfriend and girlfriend. 

she was snapped out of her thoughts by the soft touch of the pads of a finger down her back. it was so light, you would have to be paying attention to the feeling in order to actually feel it. the melodic tune of the instrumental was soon coming to an end, and don tooru's touched were becoming less about grace, more about intimacy. 

lips ghosting the shell of her ear, the two of them swayed to the final beats. the movements were so soft, they could be mistaken for something out of the movie. her breathing hitched at the action, and tooru just chuckled. he leaned over her ear.

"let's meet in the bathroom, y/n." 

and with that, she lost him. out of sight. 

a/n: i went to a hotel for a couple of days so i haven't updated in a few 😭potential oikawa smut?