chapter twenty-seven.

1975, present.

"if this is a joke, this isn't fun-"

"does it look like i'm joking, suna?" the woman spat, glaring at him. 

it felt as if his heart was stomped on. he couldn't bring himself to fix this, he was just still. rintarou's eyes never left y/n, and he couldn't help but to spew out jumbled sentences of reassurance.

"y-y/n, we can fix this, what did i do? did something happen?" 

silence. 

she didn't say anything, she just got up. not sparing him one glance, she made her way out of the living room, towards the door. he could hear the faint shutting of the door that just made him want to get up and chase her. hop on the hood of his very expensive car, anything to keep her.

because he couldn't loose her.

yet she could loose him.

in suna's eyes, she was like a fire. every time he saw her, he swears a flame ignited into her heart. which wasn't too wrong, because suna could see it in his eyes.

he remembers the first time he saw her, in the alleyway in a rush. he remembered how beautiful she looked, dressed in sophisticated work clothes. her voice, it was melodic and trying to sound more put together than she was. 

"is it even safe?", that man deadpanned, and as he came out of that dim corridor, she got his appearance.

his hair was slightly combed downward, and it was a very deep brown color with slight bangs atop of his head. his eyes were narrow, almost like a blade, and the color was so close to silver, perhaps even gold? the suit he was wearing, gold and black, with a symbol that almost looked like a scratch on his silk button down. in his hand was a cigar, but his fingers had a small ring on the middle finger.

"and what would that possibly mean?"

"it's obvious," he replied, almost straight away startling her a little. "a woman travelling alone at night, near an alleyway and in a silenced neighborhood?" he asked her, earning a silence from y/n.

now that he looks back at it, he definitely did sound like a total douchebag.

he wanted to run, he NEEDED to run. he needed to chase her, reassure her how much he loves her. he's do anything.

but he needed to know why she broke up with him.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

she sniffled, the words replaying in her head.

she didn't really know WHERE she was going, though she does know why. and it's not like y/n could even tell him, why would she?

and knowing rintarou, he would've never believed her. 

the h/c girl felt something poke her shoulders, and curiously she took her hand and skimmed through the sleeves. it felt if it was a paper, and it was folded. she opened, only to be met with a rather familiar handwriting.

'Listen carefully;

You need to leave Rintarou. For the good of both of us, shinsuke already knows. It's a rather complicated reason why, but you have to pay attention.

If he says that he is becoming Don, leave him. No good for the both of us

If he says that he isn't, stay with him until you get an answer. This can take 10 minutes or 10 days, but i'll wait. 

I'm by the door, outside. If you come out, walk straight. a map is at the bottom of your dress, take that and you should be good.

This is for the best, dearest y/n.

<3'

kneeling down, she skimmed her skirt, trying to feel for a sharp material like she was told. 

wiping off some of her tears down her cheeks, she was stopped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. 

she looked up with glossy eyes, seeing a man.

he couldn't have been taller than her, about the same height. his golden eyes pierced into hers, and it made shivers run down her spine. though it wasn't scary, more of just curiosity. his hair was dyed yellow, with darker roots on the scalp. y/n got up from her kneeling position and stood up, until she heard a voice from behind her.

"kenma! don't wander off, you're gonna get seen!" a deeper voice yelled from behind them, with a soft cackle from a familiar mouth. 

"sorry, tetsurou." the man, kenma sighed, making his way over to him. she was interrupted when a hug tackled her from behind. y/n groaned, and the feminine voice behind her just cackled. 

"you're okay! i'm so glad, please don't cry!"

"marie, please..."

a/n: and there it is