chapter twenty-six.

1975, present.

song for this chapter: connie's wedding - nino rota

ever heard of the word 'dismantle'?

it's when you take something and break it apart entirely, leaving it to bits and pieces. that's what rintarou was feeling, dismantled. 

especially with the woman he loves so close to a man that he now despises.

keiji akaashi and rintarou suna have a history that began with their bosses (or former boss) about 6 years ago. during a meeting, consisting of kuruso, shinsuke and rintarou, they had met koutarou bokuto and keiji akaashi, the new don and consigliere of the fukurodani elites. 

akaashi and suna's rivalry didn't come as quickly as one expected. it was based around a friendship that developed rather quickly due to the 2's similarity. akaashi was humble and blunt, suna was more pessimistic and observant. their friendship quickly turned into more however, as the 2 developed a secret friends-with-benefits relationship, as both of them admitted to their bisexuality.

that didn't last however, as shinsuke became don the following year.

the fukurodani elites have had a controversy involving trades that ended up them losing 1,000,000 yen. inarizaki didn't want to be entirely involved with that, and because fukurodani was a gang who didn't like the bad side (their mantra was for the heart and soul) they spread the craze to inarizaki.

more specifically, keiji akaashi spread the issue over to rintarou suna.

though that was 5 years ago, don koutarou apologized to former don shinsuke, which he accepted his apology. both gangs chose to forget it, though it stuck with rintarou ever since. and to see the man that he really despised openly staring at his woman made him shift.

he didn't really pay attention to the showers of praises of the women surrounding him, it bored him in all honesty. he was indeed captivated by y/n, how beautiful she looked in the white dress. it made her look like an angel, suna thought. 

he was infatuated with her, her shine. as cheesy as it sounds, to him, she was like a getaway. something that you look forward to every time you go. a retreat, something calm, relaxing, he could go on and on.

it wasn't until the daze snapped him out, as he heard the shatter of a glass coming from behind him. the women, about 6 of them, all turned there heads. they weren't too surprised to see that was yuu nishinoya of karasuno. majority of them knew about his tendencies. 

suna just clicked his tongue, snorting which made the women turn their attention back to him. he was labeled as a good casanova to them, which made him roll his eyes. just because he's a young and new don, attractive doesn't mean (to him) he has a mental capacity to keep up with them. it was annoying. 

a soft 'ahem' brought him out of his trance, taking view of the woman who was in front of him. a lazy grin came to his face as he saw the woman being y/n, quickly shooing away the other women away so she could get a seat next to him. which she did.

"how are you feeling?" she threw a leg over his, making suna's grin go wider.

"now that i see you? amazing. what happened with that seijoh stunt cocksucker? is he dead yet?" rintarou smirked, earning a nod and a beaming smile from y/n. he kissed the top of her head, murmuring something along the lines of 'that's my girl'.

"what's this for? the party, i mean." she asked, curiosity lacing throughout her tone. suna shook his head, chuckling.

"hard to believe marie or shinsuke didn't tell you."

"i'm serious." she stated, sitting up. rintarou flashed her his hand, the ring gloriously shining through her eyes.

"you may refer to me as don rintarou." he licked his bottom lip in await for her response. he was hoping that the reaction would be her jumping into his arms or a squeal of happiness.

instead he got a blank stare, and if he could squint, he could see that her e/c eyes were glossy. he was quick to react, holding her arm and tracing his finger up the side, reassuringly. 

"babe, did something happe-"

"we're over."

a/n: 😁