Chapter 22 - Draco's Pain ✅

Narcissa went to bed after the tea and biscuits, since she had just gotten out of Azkaban she needed a lot of sleep so she could recover her strength. Harry decided that he would head to bed as well, so he was a bit surprised to find Magic sitting outside his and Draco's bedroom door. She was whimpering quietly and pawing at the shut door.

"Magic?" Harry asked, the dog turned and yipped a bark to which Harry shushed her, so she would not wake the tired Malfoy woman. Harry went to open the bedroom door only to find it locked, he took his wand out of his holster and whispered a quick "Alohmora."

What he found behind the door shocked him, Draco was lying in their bed curled up into a ball, his arms holding his legs to his chest; crying.

Harry didn't really know what to say, he stood there for a moment and Magic scampered over towards the crying blond and liked his face. Harry swallowed before he walked over behind his boyfriend and wrapped him in a tight hug.

Draco looked behind him to see Harry's face resting on his shoulder. Harry gave the blond a sad smile which only made Draco cry more.

——

Draco was the first to wake up, he was tugging his fingers through the knots his boyfriend's unruly hair. He'd been the first to fall asleep out of him and Harry. It hadn't been a very good night, he'd thought he was over crying about the past and what people thought about him, but I guess he was wrong. He hadn't even spent anytime with his mother yesterday! He couldn't wait to spend time with her a couple days ago but that had changed after the question. The past was painful, it hurt, a lot.

After an hour of lying down, and thinking he decided to get up. It was about 6:30am and he needed to get a mind healer sorted out for his mother. No matter how little time you are around those horrid beast's they destroyed your mind either way, his mother may only look a bit frail on the outside and she seemed mentally okay but you can never be too sure.

——

After Draco fire-called St. Mungos to ask for a mind healer to come round to see his mother he got the house elves to make them all some breakfast before he went to wake Harry and his mother. This was going to be a long day indeed.

~423