»intro

⚠ tw- abuse, mentions of alcohol, panic attacks, blood ⚠

why me.. why does it always have to be me..?

---

All I could hear was screaming, my own scared yelps, gasps for air as he pinned me by my neck against the wall, until the man's face stood barely an inch from my face. 

He had been getting after me for what seemed like hours.

My ears felt as if they were about to burst and my face was hot and sore. Still, I was froze in place, petrified, only to face the others wrath. 

I figured that by now I'd at least be used to this, all of the abuse I got from him. But, to my surprise, I wasn't. I was quivering in fear. I still flinched at each shout. I braced myself each time he'd move.

He followed the same routine, every night; get drunk, find something to be mad at me for, accuse me, then, what is happening right now. I understood though, it was his way of letting his anger out.. 

But I also wondered why I didn't just walk out..

What am I even saying? Of course I know why I haven't left. He'd find me before the sun set. And then, I'd get an even worse beating.

Once in a while he'd change his schedule up, meaning that he'd either be out with friends, or passed out drunk in front of the television. 

Those were the peaceful nights. The good ones. The ones I'd look forward to. The nights I prayed for, even though I don't believe in god. The ones that I hoped I'd have each morning when I'd wake up. 

The ones that were rare, to my demise. 

I shrieked as he finally pulled out his beer bottle, smashing it into my face with force. I could feel the blood dripping down my face as I just stood there, my breath quickly increasing. 

Slowly lifting a hand up to my eye, I covered the mark which would surely heal into a scar, a permanent one. It stung badly, like acid which was slowly eating away at my skin.  

After all of the yelling, it was silent, almost peaceful. My vision began to blur as I tilted my head downwards, towards the floor, the rest of my body soon falling with it.

I was just too... weak..

too exhausted to do anything...

so I just... didn't.

____

Stay tuned for more!

WORD COUNT - 412