»chapter three

tw - anxiety- 

The next morning, Quackity awoke to the sound of George laughing for some unknown reason. What a wonderful way to wake up! He rubbed his eyes gently and lifted his head from his pillow a bit to reveal none other than George himself.

At first, he wondered why George had laughed in the first place, but soon enough someone else entered the room. Someone familiar. 

The blond, swept hair was familiar. The scattered freckles were familiar. The grin which spread cheek to cheek was familiar.

It was Clay, Dream, in the flesh.

Alex immediately threw the blanket over his head. 

He was furious, upset that George hadn't told him that Clay was coming so early. He was also scared, afraid that some of the concealer may have rubbed off and caused the scar to reappear. He was anxious since he hadn't been around someone other than George for the past month or so.

Clay sat down on the same couch as Alex, inches away from his knees which had been curled while he was asleep. A quiet chuckle escaped from the others mouth.

---

"Look who's finally awake," Clay remarked as he began to chuckle more, "we were wondering when you'd finally be up."

A frown spread on my face as I muttered, "Eres tan molesto..."

George quickly looked at Clay with an unforgiving glare. "You idiot! It's 7:45 in the morning and Alex barely got any sleep last night! If you hadn't shown up so unexpectedly and early, maybe he would have slept longer! The least you could do is say sorry for being such a disturbance."

Clay sighed as he looked down, now feeling bad. "No need to get so defensive, George..."

"I'm just standing up for my friend!" George frowned and also looked away, crossing his arms.

I had already heard enough, I didn't want to be involved. I was too exhausted for so much unnecessary commotion and it was way too early. 

I kept a firm grip on my blanket as I stood up, my legs feeling shaky from how tired they were. As I started walking away, I kept my face hidden.

"Talk later, guys." I sighed out with a wave, turning the corner. 

As soon as I was out of sight I stopped walking, leaning against the wall. I could feel my face heating up in pure anxiety. 

Once I continued walking again, I kept my eyes on my feet. I opened the door to my room quickly then slammed it shut, locking it. 

I couldn't explain how relieved I felt when I saw that my scar wasn't visible. Sighing heavily, I collapsed onto my bed. 

How would I have explained everything if Clay had seen the scar? George is always telling me how it's hard to keep secrets from him because he's so curious, so how would I be able to keep this under wraps? No lie would be able to substitute. 

Thinking about this so much had started to give me a headache so I tried to distract myself. I curled up in my blanket, it's warmth immediately making me feel better. 

I took this time to relax, trying to take a nap. When I sleep during the day, I rarely have bad dreams. Smiling at the thought of having a thoughtless slumber, I cuddled more into the blanket.

Some time had passed, more like hours, and I still hadn't fallen asleep. That didn't bother me though, I was relaxing for the first time in quite a while. 

Everything was peaceful until there was a knock at my door. Normally, I didn't like it when people bothered me. But right now, it was fine. 

I stood up and readjusted my beanie, walking to the door. When I opened it, it was none other than Clay. And when I say that he had a sneaky look on his face, I mean it.

---

"What do you want?" Alex asked casually, looking at Clay for a moment but not making eye contact for more than a few seconds.

"Well," he began, taking a moment to piece his sentence together, "I was wondering if you'd like to go somewhere with me."

Alex smiled a bit at the offer but quickly brushed it off, "Why me? You could just ask George."

"I know for a fact that George would say no," the other replied simply, "so I figured that I'd invite you. Y'know, to get to know each other, and to make up for earlier.."

"Okay, where?" the ravenette asked, looking down and starting to fidget with his hoodie strings.

The thought of going out of the house made him anxious, and if Clay had been planning on going somewhere that George didn't approve of, that wasn't good either.

"This is probably extremely random, and not to mention, risky, but.." Clay looked down with a sigh then looked back at Alex, "Wanna go to the casino?"

____

short chapter, sorry
WORD COUNT - 950