»chapter eight

(This chapter is kinda cringe, so I apologize for that. Hopefully the following chapters will be better.)

⚠️tw - alcohol⚠️

Of course, all good things have to come to an end. The round felt like it only lasted a few minutes, while it realistically lasted nearly an hour due to one guy just refusing to lose.

After the round, the taller man immediately turned to Alex.

"So, was that good enough of a round or do we have to go again?" He asked eagerly. 

What was Alex supposed to say? The man did put up a good fight, even though he lost miserably. But to put his trust in someone he didn't even know, that was just a lot to risk.

The other man seemed like he could be trusted, but you can never judge a book by its cover.

Alex only exhaled in defeat, "Okay, fine. But only one drink."

At that, the other man beamed. His goofy smile appeared again, the same one from before the game and during the round.

The sight was slightly amusing and the ravenette felt a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips, but he managed to stay calm nonetheless.

It turned out that this tall, almost intimidating stranger was actually not shy in the slightest.

Our conversation started out normal, the two of us telling random facts to each other but not descriptive enough to give away our whole identity. 

Eventually, I found out that the taller man's name was Wilbur.

 Here were some other facts that I picked up during our conversation;

1; Wilbur just so happened to be around my age. When he asked if we lived in the same area as kids, I simply just said no. That was the end of it.

2; He loved to play the guitar. This was actually something that the two of us had in common. I was even more surprised when he told me that he wrote songs. Part of me even wanted to hear one.

3; he's a major flirt, which I hadn't expected at all. He complimented my outfit three times and probably wouldn't have realized if I hadn't called him out on it.

Other than that, our conversation was just like any normal conversation. We talked as if we had already known each other before tonight.

On the contrary, the conversation was so engaging that neither one of us realized how late it was getting. Wilbur had already warmed up to me, and I just quietly listened, once in a while chiming in to make a comment.

We actually stayed there until an employee came over and pushed us out. How rude of them! 

Everything went quiet for a moment until I heard a quiet giggle escape from the taller man.

"I guess that's a sign that we should go now," Wilbur suggested.

"Ah, yeah.. you're right." I agreed with a nod. "We should hang out again soon, tonight was pretty fun."

And again, the goofy smile from before appeared on his face.

"Definitely!" He began, seemingly getting happier by each passing moment.

After that, everything went quiet. I, being a normal person, looked down for the majority of the time. But after a while, I decided to look at the other.

He was staring. I didn't get why, I couldn't read his face to tell whether it was good or bad, I just looked back at him.

Eventually, Wilbur spoke up, "I'm sorry, was I staring?"

"Maldito idiota-" I muttered, but regretting it, though I had every right to call him that since it was so obvious that he was staring.

I didn't know if it was worse that he couldn't understand what I said, or if I had just insulted someone I had just met that day. 

What if he thinks less of me now? Does he just think I'm weird? Does he think I'm rude?

Instead, Wilbur just laughed, "I don't speak Spanish-"

At that, I was relieved. Though I would have apologized if Clay hadn't just appeared out of nowhere.

The blonde took a moment the examine the scene before making assumptions, but honestly, he didn't know what to think of it.

I was even more relieved, he showed up at the perfect time.

"Clay! Hello! Is it time to leave now?" I asked, not so casually as planned, then mumbling, "This is kinda awkward-"

The other was just about to reply, hopefully with a yes, before Wilbur jumped in.

"Oh, hello! Are you Quackity's friend?" Wilbur asked, not being shy at all as he stuck his hand out for Clay to shake, "My name is Wilbur."

With a small, awkward chuckle, Clay accepted the gesture and shook the others hand. "I'm Dream-"

Dream? So that was the name he had chosen? I wonder why..

But there was no time to think about that! It was long past time for us to leave, and I didn't want to delay it any longer.

"Okay, nice talk. But Cl- I mean Dream and I should be leaving now," I interrupted, taking Clay by the arm and making my way to the car.

Wilbur didn't think much of it and just giggled, waving them goodbye then shouting, "See you tomorrow!"

---

WORD COUNT - 1040