Secrets

Callie's POV:

I can feel the fury building up inside of me. Arizona has a girlfriend? And she didn't tell me?

"Callie, as in your ex wife?" Eliza says turned to Arizona. I can see how drained Arizona is from this whole catastrophe which makes it really hard to be mad at her. But I am. I'm mad as hell.

"Yeah. Calliope meet Eliza. Eliza..." she gives me a sad look, "Callie."

The change of her words. When she is speaking to me it was Calliope, but then to Eliza it was Callie.

I push all of my feelings down.

"It's nice to meet you" I say to Eliza with a fake smile & she gives me one right back.

"Yeah, you too. I'll just..." she points to the door "see myself out. I didn't know she had company." She turns to Arizona & I can't see her face, but by the way Arizona looks sadly at her as she leaves I can tell Eliza was crying.

Arizona sighs & I see her wipe a tear before turning around. She clears her throat & looks at me.

She doesn't say anything, & I wasn't going to. But, the anger inside of me just boils.

"She's pretty" I say in a sarcastic voice.

"Calliope..." she says her voice breaking.

"No! Don't you Calliope me. What the hell was that?"
I say angrily but not screaming because Sofia is asleep.

"I- I didn't..." she says but I cut her off. "When were you gonna tell me that you had a girlfriend? Or were you just not gonna tell me?" I say.

"You think I knew she was gonna show up?" She says back angrily & I know this isn't a battle worth fighting but I'm so angry I just let it out

"So what you were just gonna sit here & have a moment with me, then go to work tomorrow to kiss her? You didn't think I would find out Arizona? You thought you could- cheat again?" I say & that's when she walks closer to me so I know her fury without her having to scream.

"I was going to tell you. And this moment we were having..." she scoffs & looks in my eyes "Cheating on you has been the worst mistake of my life & I will go to my grave swearing on it." She's tearing up now "So for you to imply that after- everything that we've been through... that I'd repeat it." She sighs.

I look at her.

"So what? You just... think you could hide it? You don't think I wouldn't have found out considering I work with you?" I say mad.

And she turns towards me.

"You got you old job back?" She asks me with tears in her eyes.

I hold back the burning sensation in my eyes.

"You aren't the only one who can keep secrets Arizona." I feel myself about to cry. "I'm going to bed." I say as I turn my back to her.

"Fine. Goodnight Calliope." She says as she goes to her room and shuts the door.

I lay on the couch in the dark & instantly regret everything I said in the last 5 minutes.

Arizona's POV:

I close my door & silently cry as I go into my bathroom. I start breathing heavily & I get dizzy. So I sit on the floor as I hyperventilate.

I'm spiraling. What have I done? Who have I become? Why am I this way? What is going on?

A panic attack.

I sit in the floor until it's over and then wash my face because I'd been crying.