Starting Over

Callie's POV:

I'm at Meredith's helping her fold the kids laundry while they're asleep.

"Aren't you at least, gonna talk to her?" Meredith asks putting some laundry in a basket.

I shrug

"I don't know. I don't really plan on it." I say folding Sofia's clothes.

Arizona busts through Meredith's door.

"Good." She says out of breath, "You're here." She says looking at me.

I look at Meredith.

"Plans change." She says patting my shoulder. "I'm gonna go to bed now so..." she goes upstairs leaving me alone with Arizona.

I look back down at the laundry in my hands & hear Arizona shut the door.

"Can we talk?" She says

I sigh. "I don't really have anything to say to you Arizona." I say walking into the kitchen & she follows.

"Callie." She says & ignore her.

"Callie." She says again but I still ignore her.

She grabs my arm gently.

"Calliope..." she says and I turns around looking at her. "Please- just listen." She says now releasing my hand from hers.

I sigh.

"Fine." I say going over to the sink and wash dishes trying to occupy myself with anything but this conversation.

"I'm sorry." She says

I sigh.

"It's fine..." I say

"No Calliope. It's not." She says sincerely.

"I shouldn't of kissed you or- overreacted about Carina. If- if you're happy. Be happy." I say

"You know. Over the past two years, I have- really been struggling. I tried focusing on myself & it was very hard." She says sighing. "And I- I couldn't breathe the whole time. I couldn't sleep I- then you showed up at my door. And I could breathe again." She says and I turn around looking at her as she continues talking.

"And I went back to my usual bubbly self. I smiled more than I have in a long time to the point my cheeks hurt from smiling." She says smiling sadly looking at me. "And I- I keep replaying everything that's ever gone on between us. Good & bad." She looks at her hands. "And I pushed you away. Which you didn't deserve- but I did it because I didn't want to hurt you again. Time after time I've hurt you." She says wiping a tear from her face. "But, over this last week. I couldn't breathe again." She says shaking her head.

"I haven't spoke to you in almost a week & I felt like I was suffocating." She says. "And it's made me really- really think about everything. About how I kissed you for the first time while you were crying over your first ex girlfriend. How..." she gulps and smiles a little. "How on one of our first dates we just danced until our feet hurt. Or how I told you I loved you on my birthday because you made the sweetest gesture. Or- how we let a baby break us up. If only I could tell myself how much a baby would change my life." She says smiling sadly not looking at me.

"I remember our wedding day as if it just happened. You looked beautiful- hell you always look beautiful but... you made me tear up. And..." she chuckles. "You were afraid you were going to trip."

I chuckle remembering that.

"And I just go over these moments, & how we had so many dreams but yet- never accomplished many of them." She says looking at me.

"I remember distinctly one dream- & I want to accomplish it. And I regret not doing it when I had the chance." She smiles at me.

"I want the big house with the big yard & chickens. And dogs." She smiles at me. "I want the fence & I want our," she gulps smiling, "10 kids to come home & say 'look mama, look mom. I drew this for you' & it's a family portrait where were all happy because that's all our kids know." She smiles. "Or being able to fist bump Uncle Mark & he tells them jokes. And we do all the family things- like go to the park or have a movie night. I want to play games with you & our 10 kids. I want to grow old with you. I want- I want to tell you I love you & hold your hand all day everyday for the rest of our lives. I'm tired of- living this life without you Calliope." She says walking over to me, "and I'm tired of pretending to be over you when the truth is..." she looks into my eyes. "It's always been you."

She sighs & smiles.

"I love you Calliope & nothing you do or say can ever change that."

I smile at her.

"You want the big house with the big yard? And 10 kids? Chickens & Dogs." I say chuckling and tearing up.

"We are gonna look like the Brady Bunch, but as long as I'm with you- it doesn't matter who stares." She says

I wipe my tears smiling at her.

"Let them stare." I say looking into her eyes. "They can see what the phrase 'love always win' actually looks like." I say & I grab her face pulling her into me kissing her.

(And of course they live happily ever after with their big house & 10 kids as it should've been on Greys 🤚🏼)