one | florence crown

BOOK ONE

THERE SHE WAS, sat under the same large tree which was beside the Great Lake, though the book in her hand was different.  The book was nearly always different - count on Florence to read a 500 page book like it was nothing.  

The intelligent Gryffindor loved to read, though that was only one of the dozens of hobbies she threw herself into.  Drawing, sewing, baking, jewelry making... the list can go on.  Her most known hobby, though, was Quidditch.

Florence was a Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and a damn good one at that.  Flo, James Potter and Sirius Black were the stars of the Gryffindor team, and the entirety of Hogwarts knew it.

Although Flo was proud of everything she had accomplished on and off the Quidditch field, she prided herself most in her grades at Hogwarts and her ability to help others.  Whether it be up late in the Gryffindor common room cramming for a Potions exam or sat in the library on the weekends with study groups, Florence adored learning and sharing her knowledge with others.

"Reading instead of practicing?" A voice tuts, causing Flo to look up from her book.  Regulus Black now stood in front of her, blocking the sun from her view.

"Practices don't start for another two weeks, Black." Flo answers, propping her book back up and pretending as if Regulus Black, the brother of one of her dearest friends, was not there.

"We're already in training." He boasts, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Good, you'll need it.  James, your brother and I plan on winning the Quidditch Cup for the fifth year in a row."

Regulus lets out a laugh.

"You lot got lucky last year-"

"We beat you in the final match by over 450 points," Flo yawns, before shutting her book and glancing back up to Regulus.  "Is there a point to this conversation, Black?  You're blocking my sunlight, there's only so many beautiful days at Hogwarts left before winter rolls around."

Regulus rolls his eyes, "I'll be seeing you on the pitch, Crown."

"Can't wait to see you in your cute, green robes, Black!"

welcome to book one of my marauders era short story series :)

same as my first short story, 'downfall', these stories will have short chapters and be very quick and easy reads.   I love writing stories like this!

hope you enjoyed!

gia