thirteen | getting along

"THE LIBRARY IS closed, you two!" Madam Pince states abruptly, waking up both Florence and Regulus with a jump.

"Sorry Madam Pince, you know how much I love reading." Flo jokes in between yawns, shoving whatever books she can into her bag, as Regulus does the same.

The two make their way down the dark halls of Hogwarts after being shoo'd out of the library by Pince, both struggling to keep their eyes open.

"Have you been in contact with Sirius?" Regulus questions, his eyes fluttering every few seconds.

"We write quite often." Flo answers with a yawn.

"Is he alright?"

Flo stops. Regulus stops a few steps later, turning to face Flo, confusion etched upon his face.

"You care about Sirius." Flo teases, a bright smile on her tired face.

"I simply asked if he's alright." Regulus shakes his head, continuing to walk towards the Slytherin common room.

"He's doing well," Flo says, picking up her pace to catch up to Regulus. "I'm sure he would love to receive a letter from his dear, younger brother."

"You seem to not know Sirius Black in that case. He wouldn't want to hear from myself."

"I think I know him much better than you do."

Regulus turns to glare at Flo.

"Sirius is an idiot who is going to end up dead if he keeps up this hero act, did you know that about him, Florence?" Regulus spits out suddenly, catching Flo offguard.

"Sirius is doing what he must to keep himself and his family alive." Flo says back through gritted teeth.

"He could care less about our parents and I!" Regulus shouts back with a laugh, his voice echoing through the empty halls.

"I was talking about James, the others and I," Flo says harshly, watching as Regulus' face falls. "I suppose you're right. The last person Sirius would want to hear from is you."

So much for getting along with Regulus Black, Flo thought to herself, as she walked away from the youngest Black brother and headed towards the kitchens for an extremely late dinner.

hope ya enjoyed!

gia