five | last sunny days

FLORENCE AND PETER were sprawled out on the grass beside the Great Lake, enjoying one of the last sunny days before dark clouds inevitably invade the skies. Pete was propped up on his elbows reading Animal Farm, while Flo had her eyes closed, letting the sun warm her skin as she hummed to herself. She had ditched her Hogwarts robes for a flowy black romper that reached her mid thigh.

"I pity those who choose to stay inside today." Flo states, turning her head towards Pete, who nods in agreement.

"It's too beautiful a day not to sit in the sun and read Orwell." He sighs dramatically, earning a laugh from Flo.

Several feet away, Flo spots Regulus taking a seat beside the lake. She couldn't help but wonder what on earth this boy was up to.

Through their years at Hogwarts, the two constantly teased each other, argued with each other, and one year even fought each other after a rather physical Quidditch game. This year, however, Flo sensed something was off about Regulus.

She knew him - well, she knew his beliefs, and that said enough about a person. Flo knew what was to come of him after graduation, what his plans were. They were the complete opposite of hers... yet for some reason, she noticed he wasn't hanging around with Snape, Crouch and Mulciber much anymore.

Perhaps he was knocking some sense into himself upon which side of the war he should be fighting on.

Regulus caught Flo staring at him. He met her gaze with a cocky grin, to which Flo rolled her eyes and turned her face back up towards the sun.

"Sirius is gonna love this." Pete says.

Flo looks at him with a confused expression etched upon her face.

"Love what?"

"You and his brother making googley eyes at each other." Pete laughs, earning a slap across the back of his head from Flo.

"In Regulus' dreams."

hope you enjoyed this chapter!

gia