Ch. 5

Two weeks later

Doctor Strange: And that's what enables it. Understand?

E/C eyes followed along in the book Y/N was given to read.

Y/N: I'm gonna be honest, no.

Doctor Strange: Should I explain it more in laymen's terms?

Y/N: Please? A lot of this is barely understandable as is.

Doctor Strange: Okay. So, think of it like-

Both were interrupted by a loud growl. Y/N looked down at his stomach, feeling the hunger pangs. His throat clearing echoed in the dead silence of the Sanctum Sanctorum.

Y/N: Sorry, Master Strange. Um, does this mean we can break for lunch?

Doctor Strange shrugged and closed his own book. One place offered was a local deli he and Wong frequented, fifteen minutes across Greenwich Village.

Doctor Strange: And no portals. That's cheating and, c'mon. For fifteen minutes?

Y/N: Depends on how lazy I get after lunch. If it's good food, it'll take a minute.

Wong: Mind bringing back some chips? Not sure what is about those, but Halil's got the best around

Y/N) shrugged and nodded as he slipped on his coat. His Sling Ring sat in his pocket to appease Strange. A walk across town wasn't too much. It was now autumn in New York, and Y/N actually liked occasionally being in the cooler, more colorful part of the country.

Turns out his new home was out on the West Coast. Blew his mind when he learned that, thanks to Tony. He was now far away from home.

He put on headphones and pressed shuffle on a playlist.

Gotta stay entertained somehow.

Y/N: Here I am, baby/ Come and take me/ Here I am, baby/ Wontcha come and take me/ Take me by the hand

Y/N was one to sing without a care to those around him. It's not like his singing was terrible, far from it. But, you could say he gets a little too into it.

And yes, people do look.

His singing continued while Y/N waited for the crosswalk. The playlist now played "All I Want" by-

??: Toad The Wet Sprocket!

Y/N heard the comment over the music. He paused the song and turned to the voice.

Y/N: Yeah, how'd you know?