Ch. 14

All seemed quiet today at Yen Sid's Tower: the ever vigilant silver Moon looming above, the stars burning brightly in the night sky. But, if one looked closely at the forest behind the Tower, they can see an occasional orange glow, followed by another, even brighter one.

Y/N and Rapunzel were back there for the last hour. Truth be told, to call it training was putting it lightly. It didn't feel like a friendly refresher match to Y/N. When he saw the look on his opponent's face, accented with the raging fire, the answer was clear.

This was an all out fight.

Y/N spread out his arms to form a ring of fire and countered a long range flame attack from Rapunzel. Then, he jumped through the fire line and directed the inferno at her in a two pronged attack. She flipped onto her hands and spun like a breakdancer, her own fire flaring from her feet.

She used her new move to not only deflect Y/N's attack, but also send him across the grass

She used her new move to not only deflect Y/N's attack, but also send him across the grass. Rapunzel shot skyward, fire under her feet like rockets, and took off deeper into the forest. Y/N met her altitude and chased after her.

Y/N: Please, Rapunzel! I just want to apologize!

Rapunzel landed and rolled to a stop in a clearing. Then, using her now-longer hair like a whip, she threw it out and snagged his ankle. Y/N felt her yank him down. Good thing he summoned a mandala before he hit the ground. Too bad she didn't let up and immediately flew into a flurry of hair whip strikes. Y/N continued to dodge via portals. Before she landed another blow, he put up a roaring wall of fire and roundhouse-kicked it towards Rapunzel. She coated her fist in flames and punched the wall, turning it to a rain of embers.

Both panted after it settled, having exerted a lot of energy. Y/N decided to take this opportunity to get his apology out to Rapunzel.

Y/N: Look, Raps, please listen-

Rapunzel: Don't call me that! That name belongs to Cass. What makes you-

Y/N: I want to apologize! Master Strange said that I scared you after the fight with Tremaine, and, I-I'm trying to say I'm sorry! I didn't plan to-

Rapunzel: Do you ever?! Why don't you plan for this!

She swept her left foot low with a wave of fire following from her bare sole. Y/N jumped and landed on a mandala mid-air. He leapt off and spun around, then threw two fireballs at her. Rapunzel made a couple signs with one hand. Her hair grew out again and became infused with fire. The fireballs vanished with two fiery whip strikes.

Y/N took the opening to rush Rapunzel and get her to listen. But the Coronan princess kept up her barrage, tears burning behind her eyes. He rolled backwards and shot his own bursts of fire. Her next was the largest yet, one he matched even, but was pushed back by.