Chapter 3: Mistrusting

Chapter 03: Mistrusting

(Name) glanced over at his two classmates who still had their jaws practically down on the floor. He laughed. "What?"

"You- you're-"

"Ex-"

They both found it hard to form words, and (Name) chuckled.

"You're his ex-fiancé?!" Kugisaki blurted.

"More or less," (Name) replied, "It was like... a childhood relationship sorta thing? If that makes sense."

"... So like childhood lovers?" Itadori questioned.

"In a way," (Name) smiled, "We were engaged when we were really young. It broke off when we were in the first grade of elementary?"

Kugisaki irked. "You're mad at him because you guys broke up when you were little kids?"

(Name) laughed. "It's not like that. Our marriage was never any of our choices. Though, younger me was pretty happy with him. Itadori, where's our dorms?"

"Woah, woah, you can't just up and leave after saying something like that!" Kugisaki interrupted the h/c male, "When? How? What happened?!"

"That's a secret," (Name) winked, and the girl groaned aloud.

"Both you and him are so secretive!"

"But I will say," (Name) turned away from the two, eyes casted to the ground, ".... It was his fault our engagement was cut off."

Itadori's eyes widened at the statement, slightly tilting his head to the side. "What'd he do?"

"He left one day, and I never heard back from him," (Name) shrugged through the explanation.

Kugisaki cracked her thumbs, a glint in her eyes as she grinned. "Oi, Itadori, what do you say we beat answers out of Fushiguro?"

(Name) laughed. "Of course, that's what I know. Maybe he has a different side of the story."

"Then why don't you ask him?" Itadori questioned.

(Name) glanced to the side, the thought of Fushiguro simply dismissing his question clouding his mind. "... T-That's too embarrassing."

"Well you have the chance, so why not talk to him again?" Itadori optimistically grinned, and (Name) felt a blush rise to his face.

(Name) frowned. "It's... not that simple."

"Do you want to talk to him again?" Kugisaki smirked the question, watching as (Name) thought for a moment.

"N-No."

But the look of hesitance in his eyes said otherwise.

"Oh, (L.Name), our dorms are just around that corner over there," Itadori spoke with a small smile as he pointed in the near distance, and (Name) thanked him before walking towards it, about to turn the corner before stopping.

"By the way, you can both call me (Name). I prefer it."

"Alright! Call me Yuuji!"

"Call me Nobara, then."

(Name) smiled before waving at the two and turning the corner. A short moment of silence filled the air around the two first years who had been left alone.