Chapter 17: God of War

"All I did was say my opinion and then fought back when he hit me," (Name) spoke, finding the silence in his room simply unbearable, "I don't see the issue."

"It was still disrespectful. He's your uncle," (M.Name) urged, "What were you thinking?"

"My question for you is why did you let it happen?"

"I didn't know that was what he wanted to do," She retorted with a small sigh, "I'll have to talk to him about it, but what you did was still unbelievable."

"More importantly, it's clear that he was the one to take the money," (Name) spoke, changing the topic.

"I don't want to see you pull something like that ever again," His mother sternly spoke, and he sighed.

"Okay, okay," (Name) grumbled, "On the condition that he doesn't do anything like that again, fine."

The woman huffed at her son's behavior.

"Now, the finances," (Name)'s brow raised, "You clearly don't want to do anything about it."

"It's not that I don't want to do anything about it. It's that I don't know what to do about it."

"What any normal person would," (Name) scoffed in reply, "Bring it up to them."

"You saw it in there, he denied everything when you asked," (M.Name) spoke in response.

"He's not that stupid that he'd confess," (Name) laughed, "Give me the okay and I'll try and get it out of him."

"You'll help?" (Name)'s mother glared hard at him, "Why? I thought you didn't care what happened around here."

"I don't," (Name) shrugged, leaning back with his leg propped up onto his bed, "But he's already taken one thing from me, and it'll be the last."

(Name)'s mother sighed at her son's words.

"... Fine. But I do not want to hear that you've caused a scene with your behavior, understand?"

(Name) dismissively waved off the comment, standing up and walking out of his room. "Sure, sure."

~

He found himself before Jujutsu tech after a painfully long climb up the mountain.

He glanced down at his phone, shooting Gojou a quick call that was quickly answered.

"Hello!"

"Where's Megumi and Nobara?" (Name) asked, walking towards his dorm room.

"They went on a mission. Why?" Gojou questioned, "Are you back from your little family thing?"

"Yeah, it ended earlier than expected," (Name) shrugged, deciding not to say anything unnecessary.

"Oh. Well, take the rest of the day off then," Gojou laughed.

"Is there really nothing for me to do?" (Name) frowned, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a key which he used to unlock his dorm room.

"I don't think so," The sound of a chair scraping against the floor could be heard, and then the rustling of paper, "Yeah, not right now. The missions that you could've taken care of are already dealt with. Just take the day off."