Chapter 4: Childish Rebuttal

Chapter 04: Childish Rebuttal

The 4 first years had been sent on a mission to exorcise a potential 1st grade curse that had been born inside a school.

The higherups deemed that it was possible due to the fact that the batch of first years held 2 grade 2 sorcerers, so they sent all four for safety measures.

"We could've exorcised the curse much quicker if we attacked it from both sides, like I said," Fushiguro commented, and (Name)'s brows furrowed.

"Well I said that we should've attacked it from one side together instead," (Name) countered, "It worked, didn't it?"

"Yes, it worked," He spoke, "But then it only needed to guard one side with cursed energy instead of two at the same time. We would've gotten it quicker."

"We didn't have time to map out the school. We don't know how long the pair of two would need to get to the other side of the curse, since it took up all the space in the hallway. Not to mention how there are other curses here."

"Minor curses. They wouldn't be a problem for any of us."

"But then we don't know how long they would take to get to the other side. The other two would need to last until then."

"A matter of only lasting is simple," Fushiguro replied, "We were already told that this curse in particular was slow, but it's attacks hit hard. That's all we had to look out for."

"Geez, you guys really just argue everytime you talk, huh?" Kugisaki sighed, Itadori trotting towards the two boys.

"Come on you guys! We got the curse, didn't we?"

(Name) huffed, turning to the side as Fushiguro internally sighed at the act.

Kugisaki rolled her eyes. "You two can keep fighting it out. I'm gonna go outside and find Ijichi."

Itadori frowned, not too fond of the air that surrounded Fushiguro and (Name) as he turned towards Kugisaki. "I'm coming with you."

Once the two other first years had left, (Name) and Fushiguro were left staring at one another, e/c eyes clashing with dark blue ones.

They both remained silent, neither wishing to further engage in the conversation.

The silence was defeaning. (Name) was about to turn around and walk away, before his eyes widened.

The strong presence of a cursed spirit could be felt, and he felt his hands instinctively reach up to shove the black haired male away, a hand breaking through the roof of the building and grabbing him. It's grip on the h/c was tight, and (Name) felt like his body was getting crushed. He gritted his teeth, his eyes going wide as he felt the curse's long, sharp nail stab into his stomach. He hunched over in the curse's grasp, and blood flew out of his mouth at the sudden attack.

"(L.Name)!" Fushiguro's hands quickly formed the shape of a snake, Orochi breaking through the school's floors and grabbing hold of the curse's hands that quickly released the h/c haired male, allowing him to fall to the ground as he clutched onto his stomach, and his wound, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," (Name) mumbled, coughing up a bit of blood as he bit at his lip, "What happened to Yuuji and Nobara? Are they okay?"

"They're okay," He glanced out the window, biting at his lower lip at the sight of them battling a curse in front of the school. It was only a 3rd grade- nothing too major. Now he looked over at the curse that stood before them. It seemed although it were some sort of horrific sludge monster from a movie, having defining arms and hands that only seemed to make it more scary.