𝟹.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- 𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜! 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢! 𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚘 𝚏𝚊𝚛!-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

┏━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┓

【 ⇠▸|◂⇢ 】

3.

┗━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┛

Previously...

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐞.

. . . . . ╰──╮ˏˋ°•*⁀➷╭──╯ . . . . .

A sigh passes my lips. This situation was very stressful. I am currently living like a wild animal. "I must admit, my cooking skills are getting better." I mumbled to myself, observing the moose meat as it simmered over the fire. It smelt awfully delicious, a delight to my empty stomach.

Using the sharp stone, I cut into the cooked flesh to reveal the well done inside. A juicy pink colour to be precise. Since I had no cutlery, I'd have to eat it off the stick.

I was not one for eating with my fingers, but in a situation like this I don't give a damn. I completely forgot how shaky I was until a looked at my other hand which was gripping the fabric of my trousers. I was shaking like a bloody leaf.

"Just..c-calm down, {Y/N}. Everything is..fine.." I take in a shaky breath, biting into the venison I had cooked. It was barely chewy and unleashed a concoction of flavours which danced over my taste buds. At least I had a decent meal before I rest. My legs were thtrobbing like hell. I felt tired but at the same time my eyes were wide and bloodshot.

I just..couldn't get that thing out of my head. What if it were right behind me, watching my every move with ease?

The looming presence of a being at least eight times my height was not what I wanted to see when I moved to a new town.

"Is this how I die?" I mumbled to myself, feeling the frustration, fear and anger build up in my body. "FUCK!" I holler, letting go of the meat stick in my hand as it hits the floor with a splat. I grip the dirt below me, shaking profusely.

I sniffle quietly, watching the flames burn from the fire I created, eyes glossy with tears. A sigh passes my lips yet again and I turn my attention to the tall ranger tower. My legs wobble underneath me as I stand up, heading towards the stairs.

However, I feel a presence behind me.

Oh. My. God.

I whip around quickly, staring at the beast that was standing behind me. It  was the siren beast. How long had it been there!? Fuck it's quiet for something so big!

"GO AWAY!" I scream in horror, staggering up the stairs to the tower.

The beast begins emitting distorted tornado sirens, but they do not sound as loud and prominent as before. What..? Oh whatever, it still wanted to eat me!

Just was I was about to reach the cabin atop the many stairs, a large hand snatches me off my feet and I am airborne.

My chest rises rapidly as I am held tightly in a large hand. My arms are secured in my sides by the firm grip of this entity.

I now finally got a better look at the creature. Its skin was a dark, coppery colour. You could even see where skin had grown over the wires looping near the bottom of its neck. Its ribs were hugged tightly by its skin, suggesting mild malnutrition. But I definitely didn't think it was sick. A sick animal could not grip this hard, let alone emit such loud sounds.

"If you're going to eat me..just do it, okay!?" I close my eyes tightly, waiting for immense pain. But nothing came. I could just hear loud, ragged breathing.

My eyes open to see the creature staring at me, breathing through its long, human like teeth. The inside of the siren was coated in dried blood. The mouth opens and I wince.

"HELLO, HELLO." The entity speaks, voice distorted but somewhat clear to a degree. The voice has a hint of music in the background. It must've took a snippet from a song.

My lips quiver, but I decide to respond anyway.  "Oh, h-hello," I speak softly, trying to wriggle my arms free from its grip.

"SSSIREN HEADD.." the entity spoke again, inhaling sharply after the sentence, well two words anyway. The voice was deep and extremely raspy. Ghostly. It used its other hand to point to itself.

"So your name is. .Siren head?" I ask hesitantly. The entity grumbled as if they were obvious, but it was indeed a confirmation. The creature loosened its tight grip on me.

"Do you have a gender?" I ask curiously, still cautious but I felt the need to question it.

The pole on its body seemed to tilt to the left, mimicking a similar motion to a curious canine.

"Oh you know. Like..boy or girl. Or non binary, if you know what that means." I try to explain, managing to wriggle one of my arms free, holding tightly onto the entity's hand so I didn't fall.

"YES..MALE.." the entity trailed, breathing yet again through its teeth. Perhaps it wasn't great at speaking using its own voice. It definitely seemed clearer while mimicking others voices. And the blaring tornado sirens.

"YOUR NAME..?" Siren head asked, still wrapping his large hand around my fragile body.

"My name is, {Y/N}. Nice to uh.. meet you?" I question, cocking an uncertain eyebrow at the entity. "Question. Why haven't you killed me?" I ask, actually quite curious.

The tall entity seemed to think, static glitching from its sirens. "YOU ARE..BRAVE. SMART..KNOW HOW TO SURVIVE..PASSED..TESTTT."

"Thank you. But..passed test?" I furrow my brow, unsure of what he's talking about.

Siren head points to the bloodied moose corpse. Oh, so he left it there. "So you tested me to see if I'd use the moose? For food?" That is actually quite a good way of detecting intelligence.

"YESS." He replies simply.

Huh. This day was gonna be weird.