𝙸𝙽𝚃𝚁𝙾𝙳𝚄𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- 𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜! 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔! 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎, 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚒𝚝! 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔! -ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

┏━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┓

【 ⇠▸|◂⇢ 】

0.

┗━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┛

A huge smile passed my cheeks. Everything just seemed so perfect as of late. I had just today moved into my new home in the wonderful St. Graycotte, a forest town on the outskirts of {state name}. I had also applied to a job to monitor the forests and help assist the staff with missing hikers and overall people in general. Basically a ranger if you will.

It was a very rainy day too. Not the best day to be skipping along a soaking path, but I could honestly care less! Well, I would care. But I am in such a good mood! I was told to report to the Sheriff's office to discuss health and safety. It was also requested I bring the letter that was posted to me regarding the job. There was no need for a resume as I had emailed it online.

The office was rather small building, well compared to some of the buildings I've seen. This was a very small town, so I imagined nothing less. I raised my hand to the door, gently knocking my knuckles against the glass which caught the attention of the elderly receptionist indoors.

The receptionist was quite small and plump, wearing a black blazer with a white shirt which was buttoned up to the maximum. It almost looked like it was squeezing all the air from her, but I assume its uniform policy. A black skirt rested above her knees, black tights hugging her quite stout legs.

The small woman hurried to the door, ushering me inside. "Oh honey, come inside! You look absolutely soaked. You're here for the park ranger job, correct?" She asked with a sweet smile. Me being polite, I nod and offer her my arm to hold onto. She looks like she was having a hard time walking.

"Oh, thank you!" She gently puts a wrinkled hand on my forearm. I must admit, her nails are quite beautiful. They're painted a dark purple colour. I love this woman already. She continued speaking. "I am Imogen Lundy, your receptionist. You are..?"

I clear my throat as I put my umbrella down. "I am, {Y/N}, Miss Lundy," I nod my head respectively, following the lady as she takes me to her desk.

Imogen let's go of my arm and plops back in her chair. Her wrinkly hands gently grab a pair of spectacles which had a chain connected to each leg. "Your letter please, dearie," she asks me softly.

I pull the slightly crinkled letter from my pocket, unfolding and handing it to the lady. "Is everything there?" I lean slightly over the desk to see what she was doing.

Miss Lundy takes a moment to read it, nodding with a smile over her wrinkled face. "Yes my dear, everything is perfect. But, we must go over health and safety before you can collect your uniform and first case envelope."

I run my hand through my messy {H/C} hair. "Okay! But..first case?" I ask. I didn't think I would be assigned so quickly.

Miss Lundy seemed hesitant to explain. "Well dear, there have been several reports of sirens, missing hikers and tourists. We need all the help to hand. Do you think you can explore the forest if you have time? Of course not today, but tomorrow on your first day of work." She explains.

I rub my chin, humming a little. "Yes of course. I should be able to. Is there anything specific I need to do?"

The elderly lady adjusts her spectacles. "The police order that any bodies recovered should be photographed and they should be called immediately. Any ripped clothing samples are to be collected in seal tight bags. I'm sure you'll know what to do, dearie. We aren't sure what is causing this, that's why we need all the help available."

"That sounds quite disturbing. I'll do my best to help out. Now, what health and safety do we need to cover?" I ask, resting my forearms on the laminate counter.

Imogen took a sip of a drink which was on her desk, clearing her raspy throat. "Well, the use of guns and treating any sick tourists. And so on. Now sit down, dearie. This may take a while."

•╚════◄░░░░░░░░░░░░►════╝ •

After a long talk with Imogen, I was given my uniform in a plastic bag and a file which encases a sealed envelope regarding the cases of missing people. I decided not to open it, I didn't wanna give myself nightmares.

As I walked across the streets, I was greeted by my new neighbours. A little family of four. A mum, dad and two daughters. They seemed sweet. As I stepped up onto the steps of my house, I pulled my keys from my pocket, pushing open the door.

Boxes were scattered around the rooms of the house, but luckily I had already built the bed so I had something to sleep on. I voyaged upstairs to my bedroom, placing the envelope on the chest of drawers I had assembled, plopping the uniform bag beside it. A yawn escaped my mouth and I rubbed my eyes with my first.

I kicked my shoes and socks off, snuggling into bed. I didn't even bother getting changed I was so tired. My eyes started to drift shut, blocking out the sound of danger.

'THIS IS A TEST OF A RADIO WARNING DEVICE'

'BZZTT'

'bbbztt'