C~5: Welcome Captain

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."

~John Wooden

Narrowing her eyes, Emily stares from her desk through the blinds of Hotch's office. Turning her head, she calls out, "Hey Morgan isn't that the girl from Miami?" she asks. The man looks up, his expression matching her's upon sight. "What is she doing here?"

"Good morning, my lovelies-" Penelope stops upon the sight in Hotch's office. "Oh my god, she took her time slot!" she exclaims, setting the coffee she got for Emily and Derek upon their desks. Derek looks up at this. "She's not from Miami?"

"Contrary, she's from Texas." Penelope begins before backing away "I said I wouldn't share anyth-"

"Hey, is that Cassy?" Spencer wonders, walking in and setting his bag down. Pausing, Penelope points between him and the room. "Y-You've met Cassy?"

Spencer nods. "Met her a couple of days ago, she came to return a book I left on the plane, I was pretty confused, had a few questions. We went to the airport together...you guys should ride up in the cockpit; it's pretty amazing." he reminisces.

"How you got in the cockpit, I wonder." Derek laughs, taking a sip of his drink, and as the conversation continues, another takes place behind a closed door.

******************************************

"Your track record is imposing, Captain Santio." Hotch compliments as he flips through a file. Rossi sits next to him, also scanning one "Trained at the FBI academy, airforce-"

"Actually, I ain't trained with the airforce," I say, causing Rossi to look back down. "Then what did you do with your time there?"

I straighten in my seat, a nice blouse, pants are a bit uncomfortable, I explain "During my time at the FBI academy, the airforce convinced the school to have leeway with me so I could help train new recruits." meeting their eyes, I sense interest "I'm a girl who's flown more miles in a few years than most of the veterans have in their lifetimes. People notice."

Hotch nods his head. "Is that the reason why your grades are low?" he questions, glancing up. "You barely had a passing grade to qualify for the academy...you also never went to college but have course credits from MIT."

Opening my mouth, I swallow, "I-I have a hard time-with doing the reading. It's not that I didn't do it just a bit slower than they would have liked...but hands-on stuff I pick up quickly."

Showing a bit of a smile, Rossi closes his file. "I'm still amazed you've been flying us around for a year and a half, and this is the first we're meeting."

"Que-Penelope updates me on cases."

"She's also the one who asked you to talk to Walker before we looked into him as a suspect." Hotch retells, causing me to nod, "You were pretty impressive from what Reid retold...you let him fly in the cockpit?"

"Yeah, I was returning a book to him on my way to ready the jet. We talked for a bit; it took him a while to figure out what I was." I giggle before getting serious. "He seemed interested enough, and he was up for a test in my field."

"Your field being...the sky." Rossi smiles. Shrugging, I fold my hands in my lap. "Takes a special person to stare down the space between."

"Please, I love a guy who times how long it takes me to read a page." Rossi laughs, causing Hotch and me to smile. Folding my file close, he looks up at me. "Captain, if I may, you seem like a great fit for this team."

My eyes widen a bit at this "R-Really?"

"If anything, you're already apart of it and have been technically speaking. My one concern is the amount of personal time you would be getting." Hotch speaks with concern in which Rossi has to nod with, "Yeah, working a case and flying us back and forth-"

"Flying is perfect personal time," I argue. It's strange how before I didn't want the job, but now I'm really fighting for it. Hotch stares before giving a corner grin. "I'm going to give you a 30-minute late period, another 30-minute break during the day, and every two cases, you will allow another person to fly the jet so you can sleep."

"Every three cases." I bargain.

"You sure like flying," Rossi says.

"Santio's were just born with wings, sir. I will allow another pilot to fly my bird every three cases, no more, no less."

Hotch stands holding out his hand. "Deal," he says as I take it. Rossi stands, allowing me to shake his hand as well. "Cassiveid Santio, welcome to the BAU.," he welcomes, motioning, "Go set up your desk, and we'll brief everyone else."

"Thank you so much," I say, reaching down to my bag as Hotch moves to open the door. He steps out with me; I walked down the steps while he calls out, "Reid, Morgan, Prentiss!"

I step past the three smiling at Spencer before walking over to Penelope, who waits with bated breath. "So?" she asks, holding my shoulder. Putting on a fake frown, I shake my head. "No, still a pilot..." I state. Penelope holds a hand to her mouth before I continue, "One that not only flies but kicks some criminal ass!"

Her face lights up as she jumps up, fanning herself, "O-Oh my god!"

"I know." I smile.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god-" I place a hand over her mouth, staring her in the eyes, "You good?"

She nods, allowing me to step back; taking my hand, he drags me over to an empty desk. "This is yours. I can get you toy planes if you like-"

"Queen." I state, making her stop before I hold up my bag, "Already brought some stuff."

"That means you wanted this job!" she sings, causing me to sing back, "I ain't gonna admit that!" singing the note, I sit down and begin to take out the photo's in the front pocket. Photo's of my first times in places next to the jet, and then one in a frame of me in my daddy's bird with him, my uncle, granddaddy, and old great-granddaddy below.

Stepping back, it feels like home already. "Think I'm gonna have my dad send my helmet up," I call over to Penelope. She gasps. "I get to see the crown of Miracle?"

"You can wear it if you want." I smile, causing her to squeal in excitement as Hotch's door opens and the agents are released. It's silent as they walk over to where Penelope and I stand, a bit awkward, so I break it. "I get, been flying you around, you feel like you should know me, but you don't, so please allow me to be the first."

Raising a hand to my forehead, I salute "Captain Cassiveid Scott Crossfield Santio, BAU pilot and now official agent."

Derek smiles, being the first to take my hand "Derek Morgan. Scott Crossfield? Must be important if you state it as an official title."

As I shake Emily's hand, Spencer speaks, "Correct, that's when I assumed your whole family are pilots. Scott Crossfield was an American naval officer and test pilot. In 1953, he became the first pilot to fly at twice the speed of sound."

"He also flew one of my very favorites, North American X-15, an experimental spaceplane jointly operated by the United States Air Force and NASA...course I ain't no astronaut." I joke. Penelope bumps my shoulder. "Could be if you wanted."

"Well, welcome. Based on what Hotch said, you are very impressive, Captain." Emily compliments. I hold up my hands. "Please, where I'm from, we either use first names or Call-signs. Cassiveid or Cassy."

"I get to call her Miracle." cheers Penelope.

"What did you do to earn the name Miracle?" Spencer asks curiously. Smiling, I meet his gaze. There was something about him; he's different but not like any man I've met. "Wouldn't you like to know."