☆ Chapter 1 - The first time ☆

3rd pov

Tom Riddle had turned 5 years old today, and he knew he was supposed to feel happy on his birthday. But, his heart yearned to spend this special day with his parents. Except he couldn't, his parents were dead.

All the kids in the orphanage got to go on a picnic today, which cheered him up somewhat. He got out of his rusty bed that could barely fit him, and headed into the room where everyone had breakfast.

His eyes went to the mysterious girl, who had caught his attention several times. He hadn't talked too much with her, and he hoped they could be friends.

The girl's eyes landed on Tom's, and she gave a big smile towards him. Tom timidly waved his clammy hands, and he rushed towards his seat.

                                                                         --------------

They were now at the picnic, and everyone was having a great time. All but Tom, of course. He couldn't feel anything but sad, and he didn't like being sad. Tom was used to it, so he kept silent.

"Hi! Is it okay if I sit next to you?", the brown-eyed girl says.

Tom didn't really have any friends, and he was quite surprised that someone was actually interested in talking to him.

He feebly nods his head, which makes the girl smile even more.

"My name's Cecelia, with an e. What's yours?"Cecelia asks.

Tom thought that Cecelia was a nice name, he wondered if she would like his name.

"My name's Tom. I was wondering...if you wanted to be friends?", he replies.

Cecelia giggles as if Tom had told a funny joke, which Tom found quite hilarious.

"Of course silly, that's why I sat over here with you!", Cecelia exclaims.

Tom laughs with her, and the two keep laughing non-stop.

Tom and Cecelia sipped on their lemonade under a birch tree, and they danced under the shining sun. Cecelia taught Tom her favorite craft, which was making flower crowns. Tom enjoyed making them as well, because they reminded him of his mother. He didn't know why, but it just did. It was probably because Cecelia was a nice person, and so was his mother.

They pretended they lived in a fantasy world, where they got to play all day long and where they could live forever. He added the part of living forever because he wanted his mother and father to be with him all the time. 

Cecelia told him that all of them would die eventually, and Tom was disheartened at this fact. He hoped that the two of them would be best friends in the afterlife as well.

Even though they had spend a short amount of time with each other that day, Tom had forgotten about his misery for a while. He felt happy, something that he doesn't feel very often.

......

I know that this chapter was short, but it was just supposed to be an introductory chapter.

ily guys, <3