☆ Chapter 5 ☆

School was now over, and I had to go to the orphanage. Summer break was seen as a joyous time for others, but Matilda made my time spent there miserable. I don't know what I'm doing wrong to be honest. The hatred she has for me must have stemmed from some reason if not many reasons. I just don't know what reason.....

I pack up all my bags, and aboard the Hogwarts train. Once I find my compartment, I sit down and I drown out everyone's voices to keep myself sane. 

..............

I was now in the front of the orphanage, unfortunately. All I wanted to be doing this summer was being with Cecelia and spending time with her, but I had to be cursed upon terrible luck. The orphanage now looked even more rustier, with paint chipping off and the windows broken. There were cobwebs on the sides of the entrance, and the door hinge looked like it was about to fall off. 

Home sweet home.

Once I made my way to my bed, I flopped on to it and stared at the ceiling. My thoughts went to her, that girl who just knows how to make me smile.

Once me and her had grown apart however, she sort of just stopped being so carefree with me. Every interaction between us was monotone, and she always seemed to be nervous around me. I don't understand why, I really don't.

After a while, I decided to get up find my journal. As I was looking through my bag, I found a painting.

Her painting. The one she drew for me.

Flashback:

Me and Cecelia were on top of the hill, and we were painting on our canvases. Cecelia thought that the view on top of the hill gave more insight, and that it gave more scope to the imagination. I didn't understand what she meant by that, but I went along with what she said.

"What are you drawing?" Cecelia asks me, while trying to catch a glimpse of my painting.

I hide it quickly, while smirking. "It's a surprise, for now." I tell her.

"So, when are you going to show me your painting?" She asks, while biting her lip impatiently. 

"One day I will." I reply, with a cheeky grin on my face.

"What do you mean, one day you will?" she whines, with a pout on her face.

I just shook my head in amusement, and looked away.

Cecelia then started to paint again, but she would not show an inch of her painting to me.

"Why are you hiding your drawing?" I ask her, with a slight frown. 

"The same reason why you are, Mr. Riddle." she says, while letting out a small giggle.

"Wow, so we're on last name basis now? I see." I respond. Mr.Riddle sounded weird when she said it, I think I like it better when she calls me Tom.

"Yep." Cecelia simply says.

After finishing our paintings, she laid in my lap as I played with her hair.

"We'll always be best friends, right?" she says, while looking up to me.

"Yeah- of course." I respond, with an aching feeling inside of me.

End of Flashback:

The drawing was me.... and her.

She had drawn me perfectly, which was expected since she was talented when it came to this particular skill.  And her, I could practically see her in this painting itself. It felt like her soul was embedded in this painting.

Those rosy cheeks, brown hair, and the golden skin. Cecelia, the girl who I was madly in love with.

........

I know this chapter was short, but I promise the following chapters will be much longer.

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow!

ily guys, <3