☆ Chapter 4 - Weirdo ☆

"You're such a weirdo, you know that right?" Cecelia says, while laughing.

"And why am I such a weirdo, Cecelia?" I reply, amused.

"It's because you're always so deep in your thoughts, thinking about whatever you think." she responds.

"I can't help it, and you know I daydream very easily," I state with a fake pout on my face.

She laughs at my terrible attempt at acting mad, and I join in.

We were now in 3rd year, and schoolwork was more difficult. This made me grimace, for the upcoming schoolwork as it would be even more challenging in the future.

Me and Cecelia have now been best friends for 2.5 years, which is considerably a long amount of time. We did have other friends and we spent time with them, but the 2 of us were the closest with each other. It's like we understand each other, when others can't.

I knew that I had feelings for Cecelia from 1st year, but they've only gotten stronger since then. Every time I see her, I'm practically attacked with butterflies in my stomach. She was probably oblivious of my feelings towards her, as I never had expressed them.

Some may call me lovesick, and I honestly think I am. I just can't seem to escape the trance she's put on me, though I'm okay with that.

Me and Cecelia have gotten decent grades, as we help each other on the assignments we get. During our tests, we have this code language so we wouldn't get caught.

For multiple choice questions:

- Tug on ear : Answer A

- Scratch head: Answer B

- Cough: Answer C

- Fake sneeze : Answer D

We had back up codes if there were more answer choices than expected, and we had other ways for non-multiple choice questions but that's too much to think about right now.

When we had the chance to go to Hogsmeade, the both of us would go there and practically raid the candy stores. Cecelia's favorite was the Chocolate Frogs, and mine were the Chocolate Cauldrons. Cecelia thought that chocolate was way better than any other candy, and I agreed with her. In fact, I never really disagreed with her because she always seemed to be right.

That reminds me, today's Friday which meant we would go to Hogsmeade tomorrow. Unfortunately, we have a test today but we've planned on having a picnic afterwards. It was our last class for the day, so I guess it isn't that terrible.

"Are you ready to take the test?" I ask Cecelia.

"When have I ever been ready for a test? Let's get going, then." She responds, exasperated. 

                                                                             .............

"No, I did not fake sneeze, it was a real sneeze!" Cecelia exclaims.

"Well, that's just great. Now, I have an answer wrong." I reply, while whining.

"Oh come on, one answer wrong won't really make much of a difference. Plus, I brought your favorite brand of lemonade. Now, cheer up, yeah?" she says, with her signature smile.

Her smile was beautiful, it was one of those smiles that would cheer you up no matter what. It's probably why I'm a lot happier when I'm with her, she just makes me feel at home. 

I give her an annoyed look, before finally smiling.

"Fine, but you better not cost me another answer again." I sternly say before grabbing my favorite brand of lemonade.

Cecelia knew I had this obsession with lemonade that most people would have with tea or coffee. I was always sipping on it, though I couldn't during classes because the teachers were strict.

"Tom, what nickname do you think would fit me?" Cecelia questions, while looking at the sky.

"Why?" I ask her.

"Because." she says.

"Because?" I inquire, trying to find out why she wants me to call her some silly nickname.

"Because I said so, Tommy." Cecelia says, starting to get annoyed.

"Okay, first of all my name is not Tommy. Second off, I wouldn't call you any nickname because I like how your name is." I respond.

She huffs at me, and turns her gaze back to the sky.

"Besides, what's so fascinating about the sky?" I query her, which she ignores.

"You want me to call you Cece, then?" I teasingly say.

"Ew, no." she responds while scrunching her nose in distaste.

"The sky is way more interesting than you, that's why." Cecelia says, with sass in her tone.

"Ouch, that hurt." I say mockingly, while holding a hand to my heart dramatically. 

She smiles a little at this, and finally looks at me once again.

"If you're so interesting, then give me a couple of compliments and then I'll decide if you are." Cecelia states, with confidence.

Well, I guess she was going to lose this time because I had plenty of compliments under my sleeve.

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, your outfit looks gorgeous, your hair is lavishing, your lips are-" I stop midway, before I realize what I just said.

"Go on." Cecelia says, while glancing at me intensely.

"I would love to see your lips on mine, Cecelia." I say, as fast as I can.

Her lips become a tinge of red, and she nods timidly. I look at her lips, and I slowly brush mine against them.

"Um, I think I have to go-" she says hurriedly, and she starts to leave.

"Wait, Cecelia! Where the hell are you going?" I say frantically, but it's too late.

She had already left.

After that incident, we didn't talk about it at all. Cecelia and me were still friends, but there was now this awkwardness between us. 

I regret having made that move, I mean it ruined our friendship that we kept going for so long. Hopefully, we would go back to how we were. Even if we were just friends.

...........

Neither of them haven't really confessed their feelings, but something big ended up happening.... What do you guys expect will happen in the next chapter?

ily guys, <3