Part 9

Opening my eyes from my stupid cell phone ringing, I search for it tiredly. "Hello?" I mumble keeping my eyes closed.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Caroline screeches a little too loud for my liking. "I'm leaving my house now so you better be ready by the time we get there" Oh fuck! I sit up wide awake now remembering what today was. We were going to Chicago. Rubbing my eyes I mutter something about being ready and hang up to actually do just that.

I didn't realize the day would come so fast. I've been out of it the past few days and I blame Damon's blood. The red liquid under the man's veins held power over me in a way I never would've thought. Of course I haven't told Stefan anything and i'm not sure he knows. I hate lying to him but I can't just say "Hey I may or may not be addicted to your brothers blood that he lets me drink on occasion" Like you just don't blurt those words out.

Now I didn't mean to become an little blood junkie and i'm no better than Vicki and even Jeremy. But I can't help it. My dads out of town so he can't see me high out of my mind from vampire blood.

He has a power over me because of this and it isn't good.

I'll worry about it later, for now I have to get ready and avoid him as much as possible. It'll be hard because he was supposed to be chaperoning us. This was gonna be the way he'll gain the Sheriff's trust to join the council. His way in. I told him that he needed to join the council and what better way than saving the the sheriffs daughter. That's if we find Anna after all in Chicago. But atleast i'll be able to get closer to breaking the curse.

I have a plan to use Gloria to get in contact with Klaus about breaking his curse before Katherine rolls into town. If I can get him here hopefully Katherine won't come causing trouble cause the man she's running from will be here. He can break the curse and have Elena's blood to make more hybrids. Then everything will be avoided like Jenna dying and Vicki turning into a vampire, Tyler turning into a wolf and Katherine cutting Johns fingers off.

I can't stop her seducing Mason but that's her problem cause he won't be needed.

Dressing in record time, my bones feel like jelly as I slide on my shoes and i'm tempted to crawl back into bed. Shaking my head, I grab my suitcase I packed ahead of time and head to the kitchen. As soon as I take out my pre-packaged ice coffee my doorbell rings and I sigh realizing Caroline was here.

Let's get this trip over with.

<A>

Sitting in the back with Caroline was better than being seated next to Stefan or Damon. Both the brothers were in the front and were both silent. Me and Caroline were whispering about random gossip from school when Damon decided to join the conversation.

"What does fml mean anyways?"

Eyes glancing at Caroline, she tries to hold in a giggle before I shake my head. She can answer him. Yes I was being petty and a little obvious I didn't want to talk to him, but sitting right behind him gave me a clear view of his hands flexing around the steering wheel. My eyes traveled to his veins down his arm and I lick my lips unconsciously. My breathing picks up a bit making me quickly look out the window realizing this and suddenly Stefan reaches to grab my knee.

"Fuck my life" I mumble.

Caroline looks over at me and her eyes squint. "I already said that's what it means, Ama. Are you okay? You don't look so good"

Running my hand through my platinum hair, I swallow feeling parched. "Can we pull over? I think i'm getting car sick"

Stefan looks  at Damon. "There's a gas station in two miles. We can stop there for a second"