.

She entered the room and locked the door.

Karan was in a deep slumber and was unattuned of everything happened, of course.

Preeta tightened her fist and moved towards Karan. She was all ready to drench him with a bucket of water and slam her hand on his face tightly, but the innocence his face was emitting changed the entire atmosphere of Preeta's mind. A sly smile caught her lips, and her fist didn't have any reason to exist anymore.

She went closer to the bed and sat beside him, with her eyes stuck on his face, pouring out nothing else than love. She entered her hand inside his thick, silky, misshelved hair, caressing slowly.

"Koi bhi tumhara ghalat fayedaa nahi uthaa sakta Karan. Bohot masoom ho tum, bohot pyaarey ho. Magar bohot bure bhi ho, mujhe bohot pareshaan karte ho.. hurt karte ho.. par kyaa karoon, ye heart to heart connection hai na hamara.. yeh mujhe baar baar tumhare paas kheench laata hai."

She took his hand in hers, and kissed it smoothly with her soft lips.

----------

The sun had rosen up, and the rays were falling on his face waking him up.

He rubbed his eyes and opened them,
roaming his head around the room.

No one was there.

"Preeta.." He called her name, sitting up on the bed. But then reality hit him. He kept his feet on the floor and stood up.

She wasn't there. Gone she was, leaving him alone. He sighed, and made his way to the washroom.

----------

All were sitting on the dining table for breakfast. Girish served everyone.

Karan came down the stairs with an expressionless face. He was heading towards the main gate, when Rakhi called him.

"Karan, beta nashta karle aake,"

"Mom mujhe bhook nahi hai,"

Kritika stopped eating and looked down. She was still feeling bad about all that happened between Preeta and Karan, blaming herself to be the reason somewhere.

"Beta thoda sa khaale, apni maa ki baat nahi maanega?"

Karan went to the dining table and sat there. Unfortunately & unwantedly, the chair that he sat on was beside Mahira's. Mahiraa smiled a bit, and Karan didn't even notice her sitting there.

He held the spoon and was about to have a bite, when his eyes stuck at a particular position, and he left the spoon in the plate.

"Preeta.." He whispered.

She was there. She was still there. She was not gone. She didn't leave him. Could she even?

A slight smile appeared on his lips.

No one noticed the change in Karan's expressions. Everyone was just eating. Of course, everyone knew she was there. It was just him, who thought her to be gone.

She headed towards the table and sat beside him. She was about to start eating, when a glance at that girl made her stop. Dropping her spoon in the plate, she stood up from the chair.

"Utho,"

"Hmm..?" Karan looked at her confusingly.

"Utho Karan,"

He stood up from the chair, as said by her. She pulled out the chair she was sitting on, and signed him to sit there. He did so, and she sat on the chair he was sitting on.