Types Of Witches

Kitchen Witch- these witches take everyday tasks and make them spiritual. Taking a shower, cleaning the house, organizing everything, no matter what it is, it can be made sacred to these witches. Their name comes from brewing potions in the kitchen and incorporating magic into their food with the use of herbs and essential oils.

Hellenic Witch- a witch who worships Greek deities and follows some, if not all, Hellenic practices.

Roman Witch- similar to Hellenic, they worship Roman deities.

Norse Witch- follows Norse traditions and worships Norse deities.

Celtic Witch- follows Celtic traditions and worship Celtic deities.

Forest Witch- a practice biased on the forest and things found in it. They are often found living in or near forests and use things they find in that forest in their practice.

Water/Lake/Ocean Witch- similar to forest witch but for water or lakes. This is where you'll find sea/lake glass incorporated the most.

Weather Witch- focuses on the weather and weather patterns. They often worship deities who have abilities related to the weather and use materials that they can get from the weather in their practices.

Alexandrian Witch-Alex Sanders and his wife Maxine funded a movement in the 1960s biased on Gardnerian Wicca practices but that also incorporates elements of ceremonial magic and Qabalah. This came to be known as Alexandrian Wicca.

Augury Witch- similar to divination these witches look at omens and cosmic forces to guide someone on their spiritual quest.

Ceremonial Witch- as the name states it's a witch that holds ceremonies above all else. These witches mostly follow the oldest ceremonies.

Dianic Witch- this is a strictly female practice that worships the Roman Goddess Diana and is the ultimate form of feminism. Usually you can find these witches worshiping all three of Diana's aspects (the maiden, the crone, and the mother). This is biased off of the Dianic Wicca which came into being in the 1950's.

Druid-Many Druids meditation and ceremonies that mark important passages in nature engage in prayer, and worship nature. They follow a spiritual vision of life and don't follow any sacred texts.

Faery Witch- these witches are solitary and try to make contact with the fae and nature spirits.

Green Witch- another one that sounds exactly like it is. This witch works with Mother Earth and natural items. They mostly try to get closer to nature and it's energies through their practice.

Floral Witch- a type of Green Witch that uses mostly flowers and floral materials in their practices.

Herbal Witches- a type of Green Witch that uses mostly herbs and other types of plants in their practices.

Gardnerian Witch- a follower of Gardnerian Wicca stared by Gerald Gardner in the 1950's. These witches follow the strong beliefs of challenge religious and societal conventions, strong feelings for nature, and engage in colorful rituals. This kind of witchcraft needs an initiation from other members of Gardnerian Wicca and is not a solitary practice.

Hedge Witch- these witches are often powerful healers and midwives. They're symbolized by a bird (often a raven) and are very spiritual in Earth based practices. These witches are like shamans in the fact their connected to the spirit realm and messengers for the spirits and living alike.

Hereditary Witch- this is exactly what it sounds like. You become a hereditary witch if you're born into a family that practices witchcraft. However, witchcraft involves freedom of choice and you can choose to accept it or not.

Secular Witch- these witches don't believe in spirits or deities. They instead focus on the energies of nature. Usually these witches use stones, crystals, and herbs in their practices.

Shaman- these witches engage in shamanistic practices to reach altered states of conscientiousness. The point of this is to reach the spirit realm and communicate with good and evil spirits to channel their messages, performing divination, and healing.

Solitary Witch- this witch is exactly as the name suggests. They're completely solitary and legend has it they've practiced the craft over many lifetimes. When they hit puberty it is said their craft re-awakens and they are able to remember everything about their craft from their past lives.

There are still many more types :3