Chapter 11

-:•✰•:-

The morning after the party, Gryffindor tower were all nursing their hangovers. A couple seventh years had made themselves Pepper-Up Potions but they refused to share or teach any one the recipe, therefore leaving the only option to be asking Madam Pomfrey for some, but that meant telling her why you needed it and only brave souls dared to do that.

Hermoine was lucky in the fact that she hadn't drank, others not so much.

"Uhhh," Lily groaned as she sat up, "how much did I drink?"

"Too much," Hermoine replied.

"Obviously," Marlene snickered sarcastically.

"Fab and Gid get their hands on any Pepper-Up yet?" Lily asked no one in particular.

Apparently, the Prewett twins, Fabian and Gideon, were quite similar to Fred and George from Hermoine's time. They were mischievous and often joined in on the Marauders pranks, they made jokes about everything, to the dismay of their teachers, and they could usually scrounge up some Pepper-Up Potion after a party.

"Not yet, I went down to find them about a half hour ago," Mary replied.

Alice giggled at that which made Mary's face twist into one of annoyance.

"Wait, have I missed the gossip? What's going on between Mary and the twins?" Marlene interrogated excitedly. Alice didn't answer and instead turned to Mary with a smug smile.

"Alice seems to think Gideon likes me," Mary replied nonchalantly although she still looked annoyed.

"No, no. Frank told me that Gideon likes her."

"He did not. I asked Fabian and he said Gideon didn't say anything to him so why would he tell Frank?"

"Gideon told Fabian and Frank. He told them not to tell you though," Alice still had her sweet smile adorning her face which only seemed to make Alice more mad.

"Whatever it's not like I like him or anything."

"Sure you don't," Marlene added while rolling her eyes.

Hermoine was still insistent upon telling Remus about her secret, she thought him trustworthy and understanding

Hermoine was still insistent upon telling Remus about her secret, she thought him trustworthy and understanding. Therefore she left the four girls in their dorm to recover while she went to search for Remus.

What she didn't know is Remus was searching for her as well. With his conscience regained he regretted the earlier evening's conversation and set out to apologize.

Hermoine made her way down the stairs and to the portrait hole where she ran in Sirius coming back from somewhere, "Sirius! Do you know where Remus is?"

Sirius didn't respond, instead his face twisted with anger and he simply ignored her and kept walking up to his own dorm.

Still dazed and confused from that interaction, Hermoine resorted back to her original plan of heading to the library.

Searching through the rows of books and tables, Hermoine whispered the boy's name loudly to no avail. With no luck, she continued her search at the Great Hall, hoping to catch him eating an early lunch.

With no intent of being quiet, Hermoine yelled Remus' name through the halls, earning her a few shushes from Gryffindor students still nursing their hangovers. Faintly, she could hear someone yelling her name from behind her, followed by shushes as well.

Hermoine turned around a walked to the person calling her name.

"Hermoine! There you are! I've been looking for you all over."

"And I you."

"Look I wanted-" Remus started but was cut off by Hermoine.

"Let's talk somewhere else, I would like to discuss something with you."

Remus was confused but followed compliantly anyways. Hermoine looked into a classroom and determined it empty. She pulled the boy into the room then casted a silencing spell.

"Hermoine, look. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what I said."

"Not necessarily. Besides, you're not wrong. I haven't been completely honest with you guys."

"And you don't have to be! Really, it's none of our business," the boy insured her.

"If I didn't want to tell you, believe me, I wouldn't be telling you. But, I have decided that it would be best to tell someone."

When Remus failed to say anything, Hermoine continued, "I don't exactly know how to say this so," she took a deep breathe, "I'm from the future. I know everything that happens to guys in the future and I know what has happened in the past."

Remus was at loss for words, stuttering he managed to spit out, "but, but how is that...?"

"Possible?" Hermoine finished, "A time turner. It's a lot more complicated than that but basically I was brought here by something for a reason, to do or change something. I can't go back, I'm stuck."

"So you know everything that's going to happen?"

"Yes, but I'm not going to tell you," Hermoine replied sternly.

"That's how you knew about... and Sirius and Regulus... and, and..."

"Yes. Look, Remus, you cannot tell anyone, okay? I shouldn't even be telling you, if Dumbledoor knew..."

"I won't, I promise."

"I do want to say one thing."

"What?"

"I knew you, in the future I mean. That's why I chose to tell you, I trust you."

"How did you know me? Or can you not say?"

"You were my professor, a quite good one at that. Best professor I had," Hermoine's face changed from it scared one into a soft smile. She watched as Remus's face turned from one of confusion to mirroring the same smile.

"Thanks for telling me, I still feel bad though"

Hermoine slapped him on the arm which made him laugh, "Don't. Remus Lupin don't you dare feel bad for that. Now, let's please get out of this stuffy classroom."

As they left the room together, a sixth year waiting on the other side of the door smiled at them smugly before turning and walking off.

"You don't think she heard us, do you?"

"Not possible, I used a silencing charm."

"Then what was that about?"

"I haven't the slightest idea."

——-

Author's Note:

Sorry I haven't been able to update. School has been pretty stressful the last couple weeks and it's messed up my writing schedule so I didn't want to keep posting and run out of chapters. It might take a week or two before I can post consistently again :)

Also, I previously had been posting two chapters on Wednesdays but now it'll only be one because I'm nearing the end of my prewritten chapters.

As always thank you for reading and supporting this fic and thank you so much for 460 reads!!