Shopping

After struggling through a no pining no reveal one-shot I decided to be completely self-indulgent and write an Adrienette first date. Enjoy.                                                                                                                                  -Colorado

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marinette nervously drummed on the desk in front of her. It was just her luck that her history teacher had decided to spring a pop quiz on them today of all days. Now that she was done, there was nothing she could do except wait.

'You can do this Marinette! Only,' She glanced at the clock above the whiteboard. '2937 seconds left, then you'll be out of here.'

She had already tried to distract herself by doodling and daydreaming, but neither were working. Her mind was too focused on what would be happening in less than an hour.

A date.

An honest to God date with none other than Adrien Agreste.

If she was being honest, she was still in disbelief. He had only asked her out yesterday after all. According to him, his schedule finally had an opening and he had decided to make the most of the opportunity. Her experience with movie dates had, unfortunately, been soured after her last failed relationship, so they decided to go shopping instead.

Now all she had to do was make it through this last class. Then she could run into the arms of the boy who she liked.

After what had to be the longest class period in her entire life, she was released.

"Alright, students, have a great weekend! You are free to go."

As if Marinette needed any more convincing, she booked it out of there.

In hindsight, that probably wasn't the best idea she had. Considering her track record for clumsiness, it was no wonder that she had tripped. Considering her track record with luck, it was also no wonder that a certain someone caught her.

"Whoa! You okay there, Marinette?"

Of course, out of all the people she would fall into the arms of, it just had to be Adrien. Well, she had wanted to run into his arms.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine." She said, smiling nervously. "Just you know me! Super clumsy."

"Why were you running, anyway?"

"Um, well," Marinette felt her face up. "I wanted to... see you?"

"Oh." She was pleased to note that Adrien's face turned pink. "Well, be more careful okay? We don't want your beautiful face getting hurt."

"Guh, um, yeah, I won't." She gulped.

"Are you ready to go?"

"I think so." She shot him a nervous smile. "I mean, I wouldn't have booked it out of there if I wasn't excited."

"Just because you're excited doesn't mean you're ready." He hummed, allowing her to get out of his embrace.

"Well, if I waited til I was ready I might be waiting the rest of my life." She muttered.

"Me too." Adrien's voice was as quiet as her's. It was reassuring, to know she wasn't the only one feeling nervous. "I mean, I still can't believe this is happening."

"Trust me, the feeling's mutual."

This was actually happening. She was actually going on a date with Adrien Agreste. The boy she had loved since the second day she met him. Not that he knew that....