Friendzone

Wow, we're really doing a 180 aren't we? Oh well, not everything can be rainbows and sunshine! Be sure to vote and comment!                                                                                                                                  -Colorado

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Today is the day, Plagg!" Adrien said as he styled his hair. "I'm finally going to ask out Marinette!"

"Good." Plagg said, munching on a piece of cheese. "It's about time. I thought you were going to stay in denial about your feelings forever."

Adrien glared at his kwami.

"Yeah, yeah, laugh it up."

"'Oh but Plagg, I could never see Marinette that way! She's just funny and charming and kind and cute, but she's just a friend.'" Plagg tried to do an imitation of his voice.

"You can be quiet or else you're eating cheddar for a month."

"No!" Plagg cried. "You can't take my love away from me."

"Then you'll stop teasing me about mine." Adrien rolled his eyes.

"Fine. You're so cruel to me."

"Now, come on Plagg! I want today to go perfectly."

"What's the plan Romeo?" He asked as he phased into his jacket.

"Well, I've learned from experience that big grand declarations of love can sometimes scare people away."

"And?"

"I'll be taking a more subtle approach today. You can't go wrong with just telling someone your honest feelings. It's straightforward and there's little room for mistakes."

"Yeah-huh. Now if it was anyone but you, I'd believe you, but you're you. There's gotta be something more to it."

"Okay so I may be giving her some roses, but that's it I swear." Adrien gave Plagg a big grin.

"How many roses?" Plagg asked skeptically. 

"Only three, Plagg. Yellow, pink, and red. I want to show her how my feelings have progressed over time."

"That doesn't seem too bad. I wish you luck. Just don't expect me to stick around while you two are smooching."

"Plagg!" Adrien's face flushed. "I don't even know if she'll accept me."

"Oh come on, Adrien, this is Marinette we're talking about! Of course she'll accept you."

"You really think so?" He asked, hope growing in his heart.

"I know so. You're an amazing person Adrien, she'd be crazy to reject you."

"Heh. Thanks, Plagg."

"You're welcome."

"Adrien, are you ready? Your bodyguard is ready to take you to school." Nathalie asked from his room.

Adrien sucked in a breath and grabbed the roses on the counter.

"Yeah, Nathalie, I'm ready."

"Remember, you have fencing after school."

"Okay, Nathalie."

"And you're expected to have lunch here at the house today."

"Okay, Nathalie."

Hopefully that won't be a problem if Marinette wanted to do something with him.

"Have a good day, Adrien." She said when he stepped into his room.