Chapter 1

It's been four months since the USJ incident, and class 1-A was still pretty shaken for the most part. They were so unprepared for that attack...and that scared them. They didn't want to ever feel that useless ever again. All that attack did, was make them want to try harder, and get stronger.

"Alright class shut your mouths." Aizawa began, "The other teachers and I have been talking, and we have decided to take you guys on a field trip of sorts." He paused and looked around the room to let the news sink in, everyone erupting in giggles and short whispers.

"Midoriya." Aizawa called. Everyone turned to Midoriya who was putting his hand back down before speaking.

"What kind of trip is this sensei?"

"It's a trip to help train you all in combat with a lot more open space than UA has to offer. We know how much you all have been driving yourselves crazy since the USJ, so we want to train you to enhance your strength and skills with your quirks." Momo raised her hand next and Aizawa nodded to accept her request.

"Where will the trip be located and how long will it be? I'd like to pack accordingly." She put her hand down smoothly, having it rest on her lap with perfect posture.

"Oh yeah, it's a forested island. No one knows about it except for U.A. staff so a villain attack is impossible." Aizawa paused to that he could somehow put all concerns away at once. He knew it didn't work like that, but he wanted to try, "Also we will be gone for one week so make sure you have everything you need."

"Are we bringing our hero suits?" Mineta blurted out.

"No, we are focusing on your natural abilities, and raise your hand Mineta." Aizawa's reply received a few giggles from the girls and he just sighed, "If there are no other questions class is dismissed so I can take a nap. We leave first thing tomorrow so be ready."

The students stood up and began to gather their things quickly, to hurry back to the dorms and pack for the exciting trip. Aizawa was out of the room as soon as he dismissed class. Soon, it was just Midoriya and Bakugou left in the room. Midoriya was finishing packing his notebooks and pens whereas Bakugou was just sitting there, ready to leave.
"Deku." Bakugou stood up and stared Midoriya down. Midoriya looked up at him, fear and confusion resting on his face.

"Y-yes Kacchan?" Deku mumbled. Bakugou forced his hands into his pockets, leaned down next to Deku's ear.

"You better be careful you hear me you damn nerd? You can't be hurt." Bakugou stood back up and glared at Midoriya. Did he hear that right, it sounded like Bakugou said something genuinely nice?
"If you tell anyone I said that I'll fucking kill you got it?" Bakugou sneered. Midoriya nodded and Bakugou made his way out of the room. What was that about...? Midoriya thought to himself.
---------------------------------------------------------

Sometime later back at the dorms, Midoriya was packing a duffle bag, adding his folded clothes in strategically. He paused as he set in an outfit he planned as pajamas—remembering that he needed to get a few things from the store.
"Hey, Kirishima?" Midoriya looked up across the dorm to his spiked-tooth roommate.
"What's up bro?" Kirishima paused packing and looked up, smiling at Midoriya.
"I just remembered that I need a few things from the store, do you want me to grab you anything?"
"Hmmm." Kirishima thought for a second and placed a hand on the back of his neck, "I don't think so, but maybe Todoroki or Bakugou need something. You could go next door and ask." He brought his arm back down and smiled.
"Uhm...y-yeah good idea..." Midoriya stuttered. He grabbed his dorm key, phone, and wallet before stepping out into the hallway. It was almost completely silent out there. Apart from muffled voices and the AC running above him, there was nothing. He walked over to Todoroki and Bakugou's dorm, took a breath and knocked on the door. To Midoriya's relief, Todoroki answered the door.

"Oh, Midoriya. What do you need?" He asked, expression blank and voice monotone like usual.

"Well, uhm, I'm going to the store and was wondering if you or Kacchan needed anything?" Midoriya muttered. He gave a quick glance past Todoroki and accidentally made eye contact with Bakugou. He looked away quickly.

"I don't need anything but let me ask Bakugou." Todoroki said, he turned around to see Bakugou standing just a bit behind him, "Bakugou do you—" Bakugou cut him off, placing a hand on Todoroki's shoulder and leaning past him a bit to eye Midoriya.
"Are you going alone?" Bakugou asked, expression blank but his eyes stared into Midoriya's.
"Yeah, it's just down the street. It's not that far Kacchan." Midoriya was confused, why did he care if he was going alone or not. Bakugou turned around, grabbed a hoodie that was hanging on the wall beside the door and pulled it on.
"Kacchan?" Midoriya asked.
"Shut up nerd. You shouldn't be going alone, it's stupid. I'm coming too." He shoved past Todoroki and closed the door behind him.  Midoriya backed up a bit nervously and began to walk alongside Bakugou in the hallway, glancing back at Todoroki who just shrugged and closed the door.

They continued through the halls and out to the street in silence, walking closely side by side. Bakugou kept his head up, eyes ahead and hands firmly placed in his jean's front pockets. Midoriya however kept his head down, hands loosely resting in the large pocket in his hoodie. He just couldn't bring himself to speak. Thoughts raced in his head like bullet trains, going a hundred miles an hour.
Why is he so quiet?
Why did he come with me?
Why am I so quiet?
Should I say something?
Does he know—
Midoriya's next thought was cut off.

"Deku shut up, you're muttering too much." Bakugou finally spoke, eyes still ahead. Midoriya glanced up at him.

"S-Sorry Kacchan. I was just thinking about—" He stopped himself.

"Thinking of what?" Bakugou asked.

"Oh nothing!" Midoriya said quickly and moved his eyes back to the ground. Bakugou huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Whatever nerd." He knew that Midoriya was lieing, it was painfully obvious. He grew up with him for God's sake, of course he'd know what Midoriya looked like when he was lieing. But he didn't want to pry. He had no place to, especially after how close they used to be...and after middle school.

After about another 10 minutes of silence they made it to the little store, a simple shop with basic necessities and food. Kind of like a gas station, without the gas. They went inside and Midoriya grabbed what he needed—a few travel items and some snacks. Bakugou stayed close to Midoriya, eyeing anyone who came close. He was acting like some, high profile bodyguard or something. Midoriya walked up to the counter and paid for his items, hooking the bag on his wrist, and holding the handles with his fingers as they walked out of the shop. Bakugou held the door for him and Midoriya smiled up at him with a nod.

"Thanks, Kacchan."

"Yeah." Bakugou followed Midoriya, letting the door close behind him. They began to walk back. The walk back was just as awkward as before, with even littler words spoken between them.

After returning to the dorms, Bakugou waited for Midoriya to go inside his dorm, then followed suit into his own. When he walked in, he noticed Todoroki asleep, still dressed in his clothes from the day. Bakugou rolled his eyes at him. He changed into comfier clothes and then flopped onto his bed, turning his head to the side to look at his clock on his nightstand, 7:52pm. Looks like he got back just in time. As Bakugou laid there, he felt his face flush as he imagined the adorable green haired boy. He grabbed one of his pillows and clutched it tightly to his chest, drifting off to a peaceful sleep.