Chapter 9

About a week later, things began to die down a little. Midoriya was in the hospital the entire time and Bakugou hadn’t left at all either. Bakugou had been informed that all of the villains involved had been accounted for and arrested except for All for One, Shigaraki, and Kurogiri. That worried Bakugou, not that he’d ever admit that out loud. He had this gut feeling that there was more to Midoriya’s kidnapping than just acquiring All Might’s quirk. He sat beside Midoriya’s bed, arms on the bed and head resting on them as he looked at Midoriya. He studies features as if he was going to lose him again. Midoriya was induced into a medical coma to help his injuries heal faster. The hospital could only do so much. Their main worry was the psychological trauma that Midoriya would surely experience. They said that he would need help, but that was fine. Because Bakugou was never going to let him out of his sight ever again.
Bakugou closed his eyes and sighed, “Wake up…”

Midoriya’s eyes slowly began to open, blinking a few times. He winced slightly, trying to get used to the hospital lights he suddenly found himself surrounded by. He slowly turned his head to the left and looked down, seeing Bakugou. He smiled and slowly lifted his hand and placed it onto Bakugou’s head.

“Hi Kacchan.” He spoke softly. Bakugou’s head shot up as he felt Midoriya’s hand and he immediately felt tears welling in his eyes.

“You’re awake…” He stood and embraced Midoriya, blinking and letting the tears fall. Midoriya hugged him back best he could and closed his eyes, turning his face into Bakugou’s neck.

“I missed you Kacchan…”

“I missed you too damn nerd.” Bakugou pulled away and looked at him, placing a hand on his cheek gently. Midoriya smiled and leaned into the touch, looking back into Bakugou’s eyes. Without thinking, Bakugou leaned forward and kissed him, closing his eyes, and melting into the kiss. Midoriya closed his eyes as well as he returned the kiss. Suddenly everything felt right, nothing else in the world mattered except this moment, this kiss with Bakugou. He was safe, he was home and most importantly…he finally caught the one he had been chasing. They continued the kiss for what seemed like an eternity, just happy to be in each other’s arms again, just happy that they got to live to see another day. Together.