Chapter 4: A New World or Is It?

As the light cleared from around them, Ayden began to scan his surroundings for potential dangers or clues to their location. Before he could see much of anything the sound of sobbing drew his attention to the far side of the clearing.

He turned to look and saw a female illyrian crouched before a sobbing child, softly whispering words of comfort before pulling the little girl in for a hug. Only letting go when the wind shifted and blew Ayden and Elea's scents towards her, alerting the female of their presence.

She looked up, studying Elea in her finery before looking at him with a curious stare. Beside him, Elea gently tugged on the sleeve of his tunic, before tapping on his arm three times, a sign that she wanted to speak through their minds.

Ayden let a piece of his power gently brush against her mental walls, looking for an entrance in. When he found the entrance Ayden entered into the small chamber she had opened for him. On the other side of the clearing the female was rising from the ground, one hand holding the child's and the other reaching for a dagger on the belt around her hips.

The female's wings, Elea said, they're illyrian. Do you think that this could be your homeworld?

Possibly, both of them, the older female mostly, spark memories.

I'm not surprised, she certainly looks interested in you. Not in a romantic way, but more in the way of, 'you look like someone I knew a long time ago.'

I don't know. Ayden said having seen far too many disappointments to trust this one, even though she seemed familiar, looks were often deceiving.

Well don't get down yet, we haven't even introduced ourselves. Elea said, standing completely at ease despite the dagger in the female's hand. You want me to use your real name, in case she might know you?

Go for it, first names only and no titles though. I don't trust her yet.

Of course, how reckless do you think I am.

Very, in all the best ways. Ayden said before pulling out of her mind and promptly receiving a glare from Elea.

"Hello," Elea said in a cheery voice, "my name's Elea and this is my friend Ayden. Sorry for surprising you, we happened to get unwillingly taken through a portal that led us here."

"You were taken through a portal too?" The female wearly asked, "What did it look like?"

"Wyrd marks all over the ground, a clear impenetrable shield around us, and then a flash of light before it teleported us here. Have you seen anything like it?" Elea said, her head slightly tilted to the side as she watched the female.

"Yes, a portal just like that took us here, just minutes before you actually," she said, looking them over, "my name is Alivia by the way."

"Well Alivia it is a pleasure to meet you, and I wish it could have been under better circumstances," Elea said, "you wouldn't happen to know where we are, would you? You see when we went through the portal we happened to fall from the threads of our world and into yours, so we happen to be quiet lost right now"

"I have a suspicion of where we are, but why should I trust you?" Alivia asked, "for all I know you could be invaders who are seeking to take and destroy this world."

"Why don't we share our memories then, show each other how we got here as a way to prove that neither or us teleported on purpose," Elea suggested.

"How do you suggest we do that?" Alivia asked.

"I have the power to peer into other's minds and read their thoughts and memories or share my own," Ayden said.

"You're a daemati," Alivia stated.