Chapter 22: A Long Awaited Meeting

Hours later Elea found herself, the court of Terrasen, and the members of the Night court who traveled to Erilea sitting in one of the larger meeting rooms. Smaller side conversations filled the air as they waited for the final members of their group, Aelin and Rowan, to arrive.

"It's weird to be back," Ayden said, drawing her attention away from the closed doors.

"It is," Elea said, "It's even weirder to think that our parents are going to actually meet each other."

"That it is," a thoughtful silence followed his words before Ayden asked, "Do you have any ideas about permanent portals?"

"I don't know at this point," Elea looked down at the polished table top, "It would take a lot of trials, both to keep it stable and to ensure that there aren't side effects."

"Oh," a hint of disappointment in his voice.

"That doesn't mean that we can create temporary portals until then," Elea said, looking up at him, "there is still a way for you to be with both of your families, should you want it."

"I'm glad," Ayden said, "I don't know if I could give up either one of them for the other."

"Good, because I don't particularly care to lose you any time soon," Elea said, flashing him a bright smile.

It was at that moment that Elea's parents arrived, walking arm in arm through the doors to the room. Once they both were seated the room quieted down as everyone turned towards the royal couple.

"I suspect that introductions may be necessary before we begin," Aelin said, her posture seemingly relaxed as she rested on her chair, "My name is Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen and the Faerie Queen of the West, and this is my husband, Rowan Whitethorn Galathynius, the King Consort of Terrasen."

"It is a pleasure to meet the people who took our son in," Feyre said with a grateful smile, "I'm Feyre, the High Lady of the Night Court."

"And I'm Rhysand, the High Lord of the Night Court," he said before turning to the other members of his group, "I believe that you have already met Eira," Rhysand motioned to the auburn haired female sitting opposite of Elea on the table, "These are her parents and members of my Inner Circle, Azriel and Gwyneth."

Following their introduction the members of the Court of Terrasen were introduced, well all the present ones at least. Lysandra had been called away to deal with a disturbance in her territory and a few of the other lords and ladies simply weren't close enough to arrive on time.

"We wanted to come here to thank you for taking in our son for the past few years," Feyre began, "and for something else we wish to propose. Rhys and I have been discussing the recent events and we believe that it would be in the best interest of both our lands and our worlds that we form a sort of alliance. Something that will allow us to assist each other should another situation like this occur."

"An alliance could be very beneficial," Aelin mused, "both in the case of future conflicts and in the resolution of this one. I'm assuming that this would also relate to the stragglers, if you still have any in your world."

"There are some who still remain and some who are missing, though their numbers grow fewer by the day," Rhysand said, "a formal alliance would definitely aid in the process of returning them home faster."

" I will bring up the idea of an alliance with my court, so that we can start as soon as possible, should the majority agree," Aelin said, "until then, Elea and I can help those who are willing to come forward to return."

The rest of the conversation was filled with discussion of politics and how exactly the strange alliance would work, should it be formed. Elea half tuned them out, though she supposed she should be listening as the heir to Terrasen. She wasn't the only one though, and it only took a few minutes for a mental tap to appear on the shields of her mind.