Chapter 18

The microwave made a BEEP, well not just one, too signal that the popcorn was done. I walked to the kitchen and took the popcorn out of the microwave. Is it weird that I just stood there in a trance, sniffing the popcorn? I walked back into the living room and I put the bowl on the coffee table.

"Popcorns ready!" I cheered. I watched the other girls dig their hands into the bowl, and pull out a handful of popcorn.

"Thanks for inviting me." Allison smiled, gratefully.

"No problem, I mean, we're friends now, aren't we?" I replied. She nodded her head, and grabbed another handful of popcorn.

"Alright, now, let's do what every girl does when she's with her friends." Zoey said, with a glint in her eye that I couldn't look closely into.

"Eating?" I asked. If you ask me, whenever my friends come over all we do is eat. Except at Drew's house, he never has any food. That's why he's always over at my place.

"No, silly!" Zoey giggled. "Gossip!"

"Oh, I was like what do we do." I chuckled under my breath. The two girls looked at me weird. "Never mind."

"Allison, you're new here. So we'll get you up to date," Zoey winked.

"Yeah, of course," I said, nervously. I've been living here for a while now and I barley know anyone! "But let me call Sam, she didn't answer last time,"

"Sam?" Zoey repeated, unamused.

"Uh, yeah, my best friend." I explained.

"I don't think she'd want too come." Zoey said.

"And why is that?" I asked.

"She clearly doesn't like me." She sighed.

"No don't worry, Sam is like that! You think she doesn't like you but she actually does," I explained.

"Okay then..." She trailed.

I picked up my phone from the table and dialled Sam's number. She picked up after about two rings.

"Hey, I never talk to you as much anymore!" She exclaimed.

"I know, so that's why you should sleep over tonight," I suggested.

"Let me just check with Drew," She said.

"Sam, he's not your husband," I frowned.

"What does that mean?" She asked.

"Never mind, I'll see you when you get here. Love you!" I hung up the phone.

"Is she coming?" Allison asked, curiously.

"Yup she is," I answered. "I ordered pizza like ten minutes ago,"

When the doorbell rang, I ran towards the door. "I hope its the pizza!" I opened the door and on the other side was Sam standing in front of me, with her arms wide open.

"Rina!"

"Sam!"

I jumped onto her and held her tight as if I hadn't seen her in years. For Sam and I a few days is a lot!

"Okay, I have to tell you so many- what the hell?" She stopped.

"Hi Sam, I haven't seen you since the party. How are you?" Zoey greeted.

"Why the hell is she here?"Sam demanded.

Zoey decided it was the right time to put her arm around my shoulder. It was clearly not!

"Sam, let's go inside. I want to introduce you too someone," I said, awkwardly.

"If that someone is Zoey, I'll pass, thanks," She spat.