Fourth of July Pt.2

Vision's POV
"You said you wanted to talk about something," I said. We've been walking for a few minutes but Wanda has been quiet. I assumed she wanted privacy, maybe she wanted to talk about Pietro. She usually wasn't comfortable talking about him with others. But we were far enough away for no one to hear us. "Yeah, I'm, uh, well..." she looked down and fidgeted with her rings. "I'm just still processing it," she said. She still hadn't met my eyes. "Is everything alright?" I asked. "Yeah, I mean, it's nothing serious, don't worry. It's just a bit uncomfortable," she said. I nodded. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I wouldn't want to make you uncomfortable," I said. I should probably stop talking because she doesn't seem to want to have a conversation but I don't quite like seeing her like this. "No, I like talking to you, it's relaxing. I really like it. I just need to wrap my head around it," she said. She gave me a smile but it didn't seem genuine. Her eyes were sad and she barely met my eyes before looking down again. I didn't want to pressure her but I felt like I should know so I could protect her. But she said she wasn't ready and I have to respect that.

We kept walking for a few minutes and stopped at a coffee shop. "Is it okay if I get some tea really quickly?" she asked. "Yes, of course," I said. They had her drink ready in a few minutes and we kept walking. "So... Edward tried to kiss me," she said. "Oh." Well, I hadn't quite expected that. I guess it makes sense. They both like the same things and he's rather charming. They would make a lovely pair... truly. "But I, well, you know, I don't like him. Not like that, anyway. So I stepped back and explained everything and he just left," she said. That made me somewhat glad. I don't know why. "Why don't you like him? He's nice," I said. He is. He's nice and he always gets her something from the store when he sees her because he always thinks of her. She deserves someone like that. But I guess she'd have a hard time deciding since everyone loves her. Everyone looks at her when she walks down the street because they can't help it. She is so incredibly beautiful. And everyone laughs at her jokes because everything she says is perfect. Anyone would die to spend even a minute with her. "He's nice but he's not, well, he's not what I'm looking for," she said. We arrived at a park and sat on a bench. "What are you looking for?" I asked. She looked at me with sad eyes. "Something else," she said, still staring at me. "He's a good guy but I don't want to be with him or kiss him," she said. She finally looked down. I looked down too. We stayed like that for a minute. "We should go back," she said. "Alright," I said.

We arrived at the compound and most people were gone. Thor was carrying a drunk Clint and passed out Tony. Steve was drinking side with Natasha (who was drinking Scotch). "Hey guys," said Natasha once she saw us. "Where were you?" she asked. "We just went for a walk," said Wanda. "Okay," said Natasha and continued her conversation.

Wanda's POV
I should've kissed him when I had the chance. It was perfect. We were all alone sitting on a bench in the park. He was looking at me and I was looking at him. I could've just kissed him. But I didn't. "You should probably to go bed," said Vision. "Yeah, maybe. I'm not that tired, though," I said. "Okay," he said. We were both quiet for a minute. "Umm, there will probably be a bunch of fireworks in a while. Do you want to go to the roof?" I asked. "Of course," he said. I grabbed some pizza and a coke and we went to the roof.

As it turns out, there aren't many fireworks when you're somewhat isolated in a compound. "Sorry, I thought there would be more," I said. "That's alright. I still enjoyed your company," said Vision. This made me blush. "Hey, it's pretty late... or early or whatever. The sun's coming up in a while. Do you want to watch the sunrise? I promise the sun will come up," I said. He laughed a bit and nodded.  "So, what will you do when Edward comes by?" he asked. "I don't know. Probably hide, to be honest. I don't mean to be rude but I don't really know what to do," I said. "You don't have to apologize. You never asked him to kiss you. It's his fault," he said. I smiled at him. It didn't make me feel much better but I liked that he was trying to make me feel better. "Thanks," I said. He gave me a smile. It was always nice when he smiled at me like that. It was a small smile, like he didn't want anyone else to notice. Like it was only mine. I realized I was staring at him but I didn't want to stop. He's so damn gorgeous. I placed my hard on his cheek and moved closer. I kissed him. I was expecting him to do what I did to Edward but he didn't. I pulled back and kept staring at him. I was still expecting him to just leave. "That was nice," he said. I smiled at him. "Yeah, it was," I said. He nodded and looked at the horizon, where the sun would soon rise up. I grabbed him hand and waited with him.

You can't tell me Vision would say anything expect "That was nice" after getting kissed by Wanda. My boy is socially awkward and wouldn't know what else to say.