Introduction / Prologue

Love Interest:

Mathew Barzal

Summary:

Summary:

Y/N had been having a rough go at life. She caught her boyfriend of two years cheating on her, with who she thought was her best friend. Moving, having to explain to everyone why the relationship ended and basically starting over was stressful for her. Add to that the fact that she had just gotten engaged less than a week before the breakup. She felt like her life was a mess. When she decides she needs a one night stand and nothing more, some work friends take her out to a bar where she meets Mathew Barzal. Thinking she found the perfect candidate, she's content. She never expected it to backfire.

Prologue:

I looked at my ring. Why hadn't I thrown it at him right when I caught him? Because I was in such a state of shock I had forgotten we had just gotten engaged less than a week before finding him in bed with another woman.

Tom was a jerk, everyone knew he was a jerk. Apparently I was blind to it. I couldn't see all the bad in our relationship until I stepped out of it and saw it from the outside. It was toxic, and I let it linger on for way longer than I should have.

Being cheated on is a whole different kind of hurt. Ending a relationship because feelings were lost or some other stupid reason hurt yes, but when cheating is involved it takes on it's own form, becomes it's own self hate inducing monster.

It was time for me to step out, do something for myself. A one night stand was the perfect opportunity to not only fill needs, but to prove I hadn't become completely undesirable.

One night stand. How hard can it be? If guys can do it, girls can, right?